•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Drive - Long Range Patrol: Faqa to Ganthoot - Sharjah/Dubai - 9 Apr 2021

Ale Vallecchi

13 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Dear @Ale Vallecchi will there be space for an absolute newbie Intermediate in your convoy? If so please include me. 

@Ale Vallecchi you can exclude me from the waitlist even though I wanted to join you. I have joined @Luca Palanca Falsini's friday morning fewbie plus drive as I had RSVP'd for it initially and left it for the evening / night drive with @Wrangeld. When @Gaurav announced today we can RSVP for multiple drives from Tuesday I joined him as there was slot.  Will join you soon for another drive 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Ale Vallecchi you can exclude me from the waitlist even though I wanted to join you. I have joined @Luca Palanca Falsini's friday morning fewbie plus drive as I had RSVP'd for it initially and left it for the evening / night drive with @Wrangeld. When @Gaurav announced today we can RSVP for multiple drives from Tuesday I joined him as there was slot.  Will join you soon for another drive 

No worries @Thomas Varghese You'll debut soon. See you out there ASAP. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

No worries @Thomas Varghese You'll debut soon. See you out there ASAP. 

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi. I waitlisted here because of @Carnity rules for the 2nd drive. Once the date was shifted to RSVP for 2nd drive to Tuesday it was only fair to join @Luca Palanca Falsini as I had RSVP'd there even before I got promoted and the slot was available. I believe every marshal should be leading a full convoy irrespective of the drive status. 

• Like (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, Ilya Golubinsky said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, please remove me from the drive, I didnt manage to get the car back from the workshop :(

Sorry to hear that @Ilya Golubinsky. Hope to see you soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2021 at 7:12 PM, Jack Thomas said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi can I be on waiting list please. My first drive.

Cheers

Jack

Hello @Jack Thomas. There is an open spot for the drive. Would you like to confirm? Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Carnity Long Range Patrols

let's get ready for tomorrow's drive! You all know about the spirit and the goals of this drive (BTW, did you read more about the glorious LRP's of Northern African glory?), so let's get into the details of our preparations for the drive.

First, the weather conditions may be foggy, which may delay our departure until we regain sufficient visibility. Nonetheless, please be punctual at 6:00 AM, and start deflating and preparing the car for the drive, no matter the fog. Kindly deflate a bit more than usual, as the weather is getting hotter after sunrise, and we may need more traction on the softer sand.

To reach the meeting point, make sure you follow Google Maps carefully, and take the exit just before Faqa. If you miss it, you will reach Faqa town, where you'll find the check-points to AD, and will have to turn back, losing quite some time. Once turned-off the highway, you will find our meeting point further up the location chosen by another Carnity, Fewbie group. Our location is past this first Carnity group., just on the sabkha on the left side of the tarmac.

Once arrived, please tune into Carnity Channel #2 (446.031)

Lastly, the convoy order. I have chosen to follow the example set by @Wrangeld, to scatter more expert drivers with "greener" ones (even though all belonging to the same rank). Therefore, those members with more drives under their belt will each be followed by a new Intermediate driver (we have just enough to scatter the group in this manner). The more expert drivers will "tutor" the younger ones, just by choosing the cleaner lines of approach, finding slightly cleaner tracks, showing them the right speed to build momentum, always, of course, following the track set in front of them (no diversions are allowed). Basically, just like in a true patrol unit, we'll work in pairs, the more experienced tutoring the younger one, each taking care of each other, including with recoveries. 

Based on this principle the convoy order is the following (next to each member you'll find an V, or R, for ""Veteran" or "Rookie", at the Intermediate rank:

@Mario Cornejo #2 (R, will follow me, as SL)

@Archibald Jurdi#3 (V), who will be tutoring

@Niki Patel #4 (R)

@GauravSoni at #5 (V)

@Tariq Carrimjee at #6 (R)

@Abu Muhammad at #7

@varunmehndiratta at #8

@Jack Thomas at #9

@Rob Harper at #10

while @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ , as the last one, will have the responsibility of Sweeping the group.

Now, enjoy you end of the week, and get rested for tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use