•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 9 Apr 2021

Rahimdad

Though its bit late post, as i was unable to reply to any topic. Now i have signed out & logged in again to join the club then saw the reply box luckily. 

It was really fantastic drive and got to learn many things. The best  lession was like how to survive in desert with limited equipped. Its possible bcoz of you @Rahimdad and off course can't forget the teamwork by all partners. First of all i was surprised to see my name as SL also got little nervous as i have Ford Explorer which having only terrain management system without any Low Gear, but somehow managed bcoz all of your cooperation. Many thanks to @Rahimdadto believe me to keep behind him. How can i forget our superman @Tbone who entered in middle of desert to continue our journey to the end, claps. Even though we had few hurdles still all members were cheering up and enjoying their drive. Also @Rahimdad's entertainment and courage which keep all members active at all time. Special thanks to @Roger K who managed CF very well and @Richard Franks at sweep. Would love to be in the group and wish to have more drive with you all. @Rawad Bahsasthanks for the video clip which @Rahimdad showered in sand while pushing my car ( can't stop laughing by watching it) and thanks @Lakshmi Narasimhan who reminded to post this. Thanks everyone for courage and support. I hope @TT_Dubai must have fixed his car and ready for next drive. See you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

It was indeed an amazing journey and totally unexpected! I was not aware that we would climb up Fossil Rock and even less to descent it from Maleha's side... such an amazing experience. We really enjoyed the drive and meeting nice people like you all. Thanks for the support for the recoveries and see you next time! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Rawad Bahsas for the mighty clip, and @Lakshmi Narasimhan who put it so well into words. After seeing this clip Christopher Reeve will be turning in his grave, while Charlie Chaplin will be laughing in his grave.

BTW thank you for everyone's patience and concern. The job cost me a total of AED 135. It was a bust rubber stopper which was the guilty party and cost me AED 30 for the part and labour. The Toyota coolant which cost me AED 105/-. All fixed and ready to take on more challenges and improve my learning with you all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 3

@Ranjan Pattanaik @Rizwan Waheed @Daniel Fernandez @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Roger K @Rawad Bahsas @Tbone @Chinthaka Ruwan @Pierre de Maigret @TT_Dubai @Yawa @Richard Franks 

hi everyone, unfortunately it has come to the @Carnity management notice that there was a breach in Covid19 rules on this drive as per the below pics posted. Since I have not been able to manage my convoy with the Covid19 dicipline I will be facing a ban for future drives. May I request everyone to keep with the Covid19 restrictions to avoid being banned on future drives.

IMG-20210412-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210412-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210412-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210412-WA0005.jpg

• Sad (0) 5
  • WOW (+2) 1

40 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Ranjan Pattanaik @Rizwan Waheed @Daniel Fernandez @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Roger K @Rawad Bahsas @Tbone @Chinthaka Ruwan @Pierre de Maigret @TT_Dubai @Yawa @Richard Franks 

hi everyone, unfortunately it has come to the @Carnity management notice that there was a breach in Covid19 rules on this drive as per the below pics posted. Since I have not been able to manage my convoy with the Covid19 dicipline I will be facing a ban for future drives. May I request everyone to keep with the Covid19 restrictions to avoid being banned on future drives.

IMG-20210412-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210412-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210412-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210412-WA0005.jpg

@Rahimdad, we apologize for this, we will make sure this never repeats again. Hope to see you soon in sands leading us.

• Like (+1) 4

@Rahimdad so sorry to hear this. Is there any possibility to appeal? I support rules especially re C19 but blanket application with a ban without a warning is harsh and I think it’s disproportionate. 

A part of what makes a community special during a desert drive is the camaraderie and the willingness to offer help to others. 

The last picture is a recovery assist for a stuck and everyone involved is wearing masks and the penultimate pic is an aerial pic and the only two people standing together are married/from the same family. 

In any event the point is well taken. Please feel free to ride with me at any time as a guest of honour passenger 😊

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

It's only fair. We have all agreed with the Covid19 rules which do indicate a strict banned policy. We all agreed to it including me. Its only fair and we should be more careful in future as Covid19 is serious and we should all respect the rules without any accepting. Not even me.

• Sad (0) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

6 minutes ago, TT_Dubai said:

@Rahimdad so sorry to hear this. Is there any possibility to appeal? I support rules especially re C19 but blanket application with a ban without a warning is harsh and I think it’s disproportionate. 

A part of what makes a community special during a desert drive is the camaraderie and the willingness to offer help to others. 

The last picture is a recovery assist for a stuck and everyone involved is wearing masks and the penultimate pic is an aerial pic and the only two people standing together are married/from the same family. 

In any event the point is well taken. Please feel free to ride with me at any time as a guest of honour passenger 😊

@TT_Dubaiit was clearly communicated by @Rahimdadnot to post any pics with people outside during the brief and to be always covid compliant. Even though its a recovery we should not have posted the pics. At least going forward lets not breach any rules hard learnt lesson🙁

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1