•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 09 Apr 2021

Wrangeld

Sounds great Richard @Wrangeld 😀

I’ve never driven at night in the desert, although I’ve attended a few Carnity afternoon drives that extended to the night...

• Like (+1) 5

I AM BACK!! Sway bar links came in early so assuming i find time to install them by Friday morning i shall see you all that evening!

I have offroad lights but still wrestling with some High Beam (low beams working fine though) electrical issues on the car that im waiting for some parts for, will i be alright to come anyway @Wrangeld?  I'm thinking that i can point the spot lights on the car just past the low beam line which is quite high anyway since the car is tall.

• Like (+1) 4

19 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

If you noted the parentheses ... You and shehab challenging for sweep. Or maybe 2nd lead. 

Wait...w're competing for those now? I want 2nd lead duties then! Small car power!

• Like (+1) 4

@Gaurav Soni please sign in the for the drive. As per the new rules, you can sign up for 2nd drive on Tuesday. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

You're all in and confirmed for the inaugural Carnity night drive of the season. Myself and @Alexander Alcala are lookign forward to the enjoyment and excitement of a night drive around the challenges of Al Qudra. As this is the last drive opportunity before Ramadan, we are starting earlier and planning to finish earlier than the night drives that will follow during the year. 

A few things to keep in mind: 

• Arrive well rested - if you come to the drive after a long day of busy activity and think that you can concentrate at the levels at which you will have to in the dark, think again. In the dark all your senses have to react differently and more acutely. 
  • Stay alert during the drive - we cannot have big gaps in the convoy at night and in the same way, you cannot tailgate. You go off track here ... that's it. Back tracking is much more challenging. 
  • Be prepared for the unexpected - we will come across sleeping gazelle, camels and potentially humans during the drive. 
  • It will be cooler - if you suffer in the cold of Dubai, then make sure you bring extra protecion with you. There's not a lot worse than being freezing cold digging someone out.
  • Check your vehicle and your equipment - basics, like having a torch are obvious. Because it's dark we need to be sure you can deflate, and that your car is in good working order before we leave. We really cannot do desert side maintenance in the middle of the night. 

I'll be sharing more around the plan, radio frequencies and the responsibilities in the convoy later in the week, but it looks to me like we have enough intermediates to run a pretty tight buddy system for the fewbies ...

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Arman said:

Lul @Shehab Alawadhi im back to being right behind you, i shall have to compare this to our first drive together.😂

Unless of course I have other ideas about who is behind and in front of whom. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I love the fact @Wrangeld put in “arrive well rested” I’m just gonna hide and pretend he’s not implying me 😂

Finally I get to drive with @Arman again. It’s been a long time 🥺

Edited by Shehab Alawadhi
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I am looking forward to drive over the night in the desert and use again my off-road lights.  I haven't tested them since I moved to Dubai.  I took my car to the garage to replace oils and filters.  Also repair the air compressor (turned out to be a burned fuse).  So I expect my car to be ready for the adventure.

Driving at night really is a very different experience, but I am confident that the high level of the participants will make it a pleasure.  So will se you on the sand this Friday evening.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

Unless of course I have other ideas about who is behind and in front of whom. 

You can put me in any position you choose. I'm ready. Wish Friday was today. This excitement waiting for being Friday is too much

3 minutes ago, Alexander Alcala said:

I am looking forward to drive over the night in the desert and use again my off-road lights.  I haven't tested them since I moved to Dubai.  I took my car to the garage to replace oils and filters.  Also repair the air compressor (turned out to be a burned fuse).  So I expect my car to be ready for the adventure.

Driving at night really is a very different experience, but I am confident that the high level of the participants will make it a pleasure.  So will se you on the sand this Friday evening.  

I'm also again at the garage to double check everything. 

16177192783729152112715581856912.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use