•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 09 Apr 2021

Chaitanya D

All - it was a pleasure driving with the Abu Dhabi guys today! Everyone drove great - everyone’s car was well equipped and handled the sand amazing. 
No drive is complete without some stucks and refusals! It defines a drive and it’s how we learn. @Karthikeyan Govindarajanyou pulled yourself out of some great situations and self recovered really well. I think you were just playing with me when you crested it twice on the same ridge. @Hasan Wahlanyou’ve got some rig and you drove it great today! It was a pleasure watching that beast pass thru the dunes with out much hindrance.  @Mus_hus78as said earlier, I’ve seen a lot of Pajero’s struggle in hot sand, but yours never showed any signs of giving up! In fact I’m sure it’s prob a Jeep in disguise!  @Mikhail Lukichevsuperb second lead today - especially in Sweihan which is never an easy trail. I’m still convinced you crested it on the last dune just for a photo opp! You looked so pleased with yourself for It too.  @Farouq Owdeh- it means something when your name is rarely mentioned across the radios - top driving, and I love the mods on the Cherokee!  @Warren Flayapart from a couple of refusals (which are part of the fun to be honest) you navigated that short wheel base round the sand great - must’ve been the gloves!  @Zed- it was a pleasure to meet you today. Similar to Farouq, you chucked it around the dunes without any issues. 

and last but no means least - @Chaitanya- we’ve driven a few times and I remember being on your first lead drive. You’re a joy to drive with and always a safe pair of hands leading the team!  Good to meet Chaitanya junior too - you can tell he’s just itching to get behind the wheel! 

it’s been a great day and thanks to everyone! I’ve been up since 4.30am, it’s now my bed time! Have a good weekend and hope to see you again soon! 

Craig

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

59 minutes ago, Craig Finlayson said:

Good to meet Chaitanya junior too - you can tell he’s just itching to get behind the wheel! 

😍yes, and he was behind me telling all along the drive -  papa you should have a Wrangler like Craig, looks so nice and cool.

In fact he felt it too - some soft sand where my old X was struggling,  you just made it look like a piece of cake.

• Like (+1) 4

Hello everyone , thanks for this great off road DRIVE .......😍  special thanks to @Chaitanya Dfor taking us trough sweihan dunes(little liwa ) . Appreciate all the hard work done by  @Craig Finlayson which I believe is most challenging to push all of us through those churned up terrains 🎯.... I think this drive was quite fast moving as compared to other sweihan drives I have been which was great 👍🏼. Hope we all can join back for another ride soon 😇

• Like (+1) 4

Great lead by Dr @Chaitanya D, all those weekend drives for the past year really shaped your experience & leadership 👍🏻 Paired with awesome assist by @Craig Finlayson, we were definitely in safe hands today 💪🏻  Everyone did well in self-recovery too, I greatly enjoyed today's drive 😊

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Gaia Track based on the trip, for those who want to repeat it again 😁 >> https://www.gaiagps.com/public/SuCAtpndeXdYeTAShzkicOul

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use