•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 09 Apr 2021

Chaitanya D

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (All Level)

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: - https://goo.gl/maps/ewNKoHwULCakiF2A9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 2

Well what a coincidence, just yesterday we talked about catching up, and it seems I'll see you lead this Friday bro @Chaitanya D 👋 Lookin forward to the drive ☺️

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/4/2021 at 7:18 PM, Zed said:

Well what a coincidence, just yesterday we talked about catching up, and it seems I'll see you lead this Friday bro @Chaitanya D 👋 Lookin forward to the drive ☺️

Yes @Zed. Good to catch up after a long time👍

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Yes @Zed. Good to catch up after a long time👍

Dr. @Chaitanya D so, you are still making Abu Dhabi drive??? What a week end😀😀

Just now, Hisham Masaad said:

Enjoy👍👍

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Enjoy👍👍

Join in if you can, Sweihan is a beautiful area with vast clean dunes for any level. We miss going there terribly due to the border restrictions as of now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Join in if you can, Sweihan is a beautiful area with vast clean dunes for any level. We miss going there terribly due to the border restrictions as of now.

I was about to ask how you are managing drives in Abudhabi, I am waiting to get my second dose to join drives in Abudhabi.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Would love to Dr. @Chaitanya D but such drive needs 5 years plan😀. Driving to Abu Dhabi to start off-road drive is a challenge. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

I was about to ask how you are managing drives in Abudhabi, I am waiting to get my second dose to join drives in Abudhabi.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan you don't need to wait for second dose, you can do DPI (blood test) in exit after LegoLand. The trick is you have to alternate DPI-then-PCR for your second trip to Abu Dhabi. You can't do DPI-then-DPI again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Zed said:

@Lakshmi Narasimhan you don't need to wait for second dose, you can do DPI (blood test) in exit after LegoLand. The trick is you have to alternate DPI-then-PCR for your second trip to Abu Dhabi. You can't do DPI-then-DPI again. 

I am aware of dpi and pcr tests, I already travel for projects again if i have to go thru the pcr test for drives will be too much load on me. Planning that would be a challenge for me, let me wait for a month get vaccinated and join Abudhabi drives without any need for planning and struggle. 

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

36 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

I am aware of dpi and pcr tests, I already travel for projects again if i have to go thru the pcr test for drives will be too much load on me. Planning that would be a challenge for me, let me wait for a month get vaccinated and join Abudhabi drives without any need for planning and struggle. 

If you have the Al Hosn app with the yellow 'E' can you access Abu Dhabi without need for test?

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use