•  

Thomas Varghese has been promoted to Intermediate level

Gaurav

Dear @Thomas Varghese

You've made it to the promised land - intermediate status in the club. My heartfelt congratulations, becuase without a shadow of a doubt, you have earned this rank. Through all the disappointment, frustration, commentary and feedback, you have shown your true potential. 

As many of the comments here reflect, with this rank comes responsibility and accountability. It's your responsibility to continue to follow the instuctions of the drive lead (and not unless invited engage or investigate), it's your responsibility to self recover whenever you can without the assistance of other drivers or just as importantly accept when you ended up in a situation you should not and need assistance [no more excuses that because of this, this happened and otherwise it would not ....]. Intermediate implies you can control the vehicle and your emotions in check, no matter what. You've shown that's possible. 

Accountability comes with the rank as well. You will be seen as more senior by drivers of ranks with less experience. Seniors may have higher expectations of you. 

I am sure you will not let yourself down and hope that you can now start to enjoy rides again without this monkey of promotion on your back. 

And a reminder to you and ALL drivers with ranks higher than Newbie - our drives are open to multiple ranks and not just the rank of the drive. Those who really want to learn about off roading automatically know where their learning is going to be the best. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 6

12 hours ago, Kalahari said:

Well done @Thomas Varghese - you always value something more if you have to wait a bit. Enjoy the new rank. 

Yes @Kalahari I waited and waited for long. I always value driving with all the members than the promotion but of course a recognition for my efforts when appreciated counts. My weekends were all boozing sessions before I got into @Carnity. I swear I haven't even thought about buying another bottle after I joined the drives. Basically I'm a driver from my childhood. The drivers in our house used to put me in their laps and give me the steering when they drove when I was 5. My father seeing he could no longer control my passion and enthusiasm sent me to a driving school to train when I was 12 so that my passion will not hurt me or others on the road. His greatest advice to me was as a driver my primary duty is to keep my passengers and others on the road safe from my antics which I follow to this day. 2nd advice was my passengers shouldn't be subjected to sudden acceleration or braking and they should feel they are floating smoothly. I'm not saying I never had accidents. I had my fair share of them when I was young whenever I disobeyed his instructions. The most important of them was never take my eyes of the road while driving. If tired or sleepy park the car on roadside and take enough rest and then continue. I have seen my friends falling off in life when they disobeyed this 1 instruction. Some got paralyzed for life, some ended up in a coffin. By the Grace of God I'm still here driving with you all. 

Most importantly these machines are to enhance our abilities and not to be abused. Treat them with respect and they reciprocate well. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

16 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear @Thomas Varghese

You've made it to the promised land - intermediate status in the club. My heartfelt congratulations, becuase without a shadow of a doubt, you have earned this rank. Through all the disappointment, frustration, commentary and feedback, you have shown your true potential. 

As many of the comments here reflect, with this rank comes responsibility and accountability. It's your responsibility to continue to follow the instuctions of the drive lead (and not unless invited engage or investigate), it's your responsibility to self recover whenever you can without the assistance of other drivers or just as importantly accept when you ended up in a situation you should not and need assistance [no more excuses that because of this, this happened and otherwise it would not ....]. Intermediate implies you can control the vehicle and your emotions in check, no matter what. You've shown that's possible. 

Accountability comes with the rank as well. You will be seen as more senior by drivers of ranks with less experience. Seniors may have higher expectations of you. 

I am sure you will not let yourself down and hope that you can now start to enjoy rides again without this monkey of promotion on your back. 

And a reminder to you and ALL drivers with ranks higher than Newbie - our drives are open to multiple ranks and not just the rank of the drive. Those who really want to learn about off roading automatically know where their learning is going to be the best. 

See you soon in the sand. 

Thank you @Wrangeld for your kind words of appreciation. Some things was not clear to me like not jumping into situations and making them more worse. I will surely remember your advice. 

Thanks @Jeepie and @Niki Patel

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use