•  
Advertise here

Focused drives for newbie

@Wrangeld, wow good to know that. Lots to learn from you. I have been observing all the AB Newbie drives and Newbie drives where the most senior leaders spend their time, which is the very reason why Carnity is doing well and why I have chosen to associate with.

You have given me good reasons to do more drives at Newbie level which was in my consideration for few days.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

We are leading fun drives for the convoy

This is the essence of all this, right?  There is more to learn apart from driving: recovery, terrain, navigation, drive in and out safely, etc.

Enjoy the sand!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Mario Cornejo said:

This is the essence of all this, right?  There is more to learn apart from driving: recovery, terrain, navigation, drive in and out safely, etc.

Enjoy the sand!

Yes. The learning never ends @Mario CornejoCornejo but in the end, it's a hobby and not a job. The marshal's hobby is, probably, learning.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Lakshmi Narasimhan in addition to all the fab advises here I would definitely advise you one most important part of driving - Enjoy your drives! You will definitely learn all aspects in due course may be a month early or late, but don't push yourself to learn all at once or all quickly. Driving safely on sand requires all skills - technical dunes, sideys, crossing , bowls and ridge rides. As you progress over time the level, speed , intensity and maneuvering improves.

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

I do understand drives in convoy are for fun and to learn along the way, there is platform and time available to learn advanced skills. When I reach to that level I would be taking appropriate course for learning advance skills. 
If I am not enjoying my drive or not having fun in convoy I would not be here signing for more drives.
Not every one has same vehicle, same abilities, skill sets. Considering I am new to 4x4, my vehicle, my abilities and my areas of improvement, I have placed a simple request for more practice that too only if it is feasible or if its ok.           
I would like to clarify that I have never requested for advanced skills or learning everything in short span of time.
Gauvrav has cleared that my request is fewbie territory, I understood and totally agreed and as Richard explained I am open to take more newbie level drives.
But my simple request for practicing more on what I was exposed at newbie level was misunderstood and never meant to be complicated to this level.

However, I have got many advises, few take away from this discussion and my expectations are set right!!!
Thank you all for your advises and concerns.🙏

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Lakshmi Narasimhan,

I started to like you so much as you have the same traits as mine. Yes I had these wishes when I joined for drives and started to climb iftar bowl, super bowl, fossil rock, big red etc. As per convoy we can do the climb once but once you climb we get the urge to climb more higher and we leave the dunes like leaving a long lost love. We have to move on. After some time you will get used to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Dear @Lakshmi Narasimhan,

I started to like you so much as you have the same traits as mine. Yes I had these wishes when I joined for drives and started to climb iftar bowl, super bowl, fossil rock, big red etc. As per convoy we can do the climb once but once you climb we get the urge to climb more higher and we leave the dunes like leaving a long lost love. We have to move on. After some time you will get used to it. 

Leads give opportunity for 2nd chance and I even got 3rd chance to correct myself, then only I realized I need to practice more. I am not shy of taking more drives at newbie level. Some terrain don’t offer certain maneuver for working out the week areas, hence I have requested for focused drive, probably my topic heading was wrong, now I want to slow down my pace and give it the time required till I am satisfied and confident as I am looking to learn properly and be safe when I am around with other friends.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Leads give opportunity for 2nd chance and I even got 3rd chance to correct myself, then only I realized I need to practice more. I am not shy of taking more drives at newbie level. Some terrain don’t offer certain maneuver for working out the week areas, hence I have requested for focused drive, probably my topic heading was wrong, now I want to slow down my pace and give it the time required till I am satisfied and confident as I am looking to learn properly and be safe when I am around with other friends.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan I must apologize as I miss understood your post and likely added my comments out of context!  As Gaurav mentioned ... everything you are keen to experience is coming in fewbie... don’t hesitate to join those as soon as possible... that way you have even more rides to choose from :) see you out there soon!  Enjoy this weekends drives 

• Like (+1) 1