•  
Advertise here

Offroad light recommendations

16 hours ago, Zixuan Huang said:

I have bought a 20inch LED light bar tonight and will have it installed tomorrow.

Just wondering where should I install it?

I have seen ppl put the light bar on the lower bumper and ppl put the light bar on the roof.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer it on the bumper only because installing on bumper is easier and I wouldnt mind having holes on the bumper.

Hey man the common observation with installing it on the roof is that the lights reflect on the bonnet which is annoying/can be distracting on night drives. And some have commented that there is increased buffeting/wind noise if installed on the roof when going down SZR! So maybe the bumper is the preferred option...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TT_Dubai said:

Hey man the common observation with installing it on the roof is that the lights reflect on the bonnet which is annoying/can be distracting on night drives. And some have commented that there is increased buffeting/wind noise if installed on the roof when going down SZR! So maybe the bumper is the preferred option...

My light doesn't reflect from the bonnet not produces much whistling sound. For a light bar, bumper maybe considered a better option for the installation as it doesn't interfere with the air flow into the engine. I choose the overhead installation as I was afraid these big lights may disrupt a part of the airflow into the engine bay. Be careful not to hit any steps inside the desert for your light bar to take the aerial route.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TT_Dubai said:

Yeah that's one of my concern too, but I see that the roof lighting can cover wider range. Anyways I already did my purchase of 20inches, going to have it fixed on bumper now and will test it on nearby sand later tonight.

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

My light doesn't reflect from the bonnet not produces much whistling sound. For a light bar, bumper maybe considered a better option for the installation as it doesn't interfere with the air flow into the engine. I choose the overhead installation as I was afraid these big lights may disrupt a part of the airflow into the engine bay. Be careful not to hit any steps inside the desert for your light bar to take the aerial route.  

I am going to install it either on the bar where the number plate holder is fixed on, or the bar right below the front grill, neither of the options should affect the air intake. lets see.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Revisiting this topic from a different angle.

Do we have to cover light bar during driving in the city?

Is there specific Emirates that would fine uncovered light bars?

If so what would the fine be in such case?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ahmed Wagdy said:

I have always left it uncovered in Dubai. Not sure about other Emirates but was never stopped because of it.

For RTA passing they will need to be covered (masking tape is fine).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

10 hours ago, Ahmed Wagdy said:

The only issue is while passing that the testing center might ask you to cover it. The cops dont catch cars with uncovered light bars.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

22 hours ago, Ahmed Wagdy said:

i recently did RTA testing fo renewal, and totally forgot to cover offroad lights. 

no questions asked car was passed. only a remark in passing paper to use extra light for off road use only.. 

look below for my offroad lights and i did passing in tasjeel al qusais 

image.png.4342ca07a14d11b3a1900cb52c551e5d.png

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1