•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 16 Apr 2021

Frederic

RSVP will now be closed off.

Attendees

Manage
  • Frederic
  • sertac

See you guys tomorrow morning sharp 06:00AM at the meeting point. Please park the cars at some distance from each other and wear your mask at all times when you are out of the car during deflation or inflation. @sertac and myself will be guiding you throughout the drive and we will definitely have fun and learn !

If you have off-road equipment please bring it along. We will be providing a spare radio to the members that do not have one yet, from the second drive onwards you’ll need to procure a radio, flag, shovel, and pressure gauge as basic tools. 

In case of emergency my mobile no. Is 056 504 26 32. 

PS radio channel will be 446.00625 MHz  (Carnity channel 1).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

DRIVE REPORT

Attendees

@Ahmed Mostafa and @Nafly Azhar , both with the Pajeros, did very well on their first drive. These cars are great offroad vehicles, but a bit more difficult to learn the art of offroading compared with a Jeep Wrangler for example. 

Talking about Jeep Wranglers, @aaron kamall, @Desert Wrangler, @Anish Varghese brought theirs, and drove very well throughout the drive. 

And talking about tricky, @Trent brought a dune ship in the form of the mighty F150 but perfect throttle control and impressive skills, and a very capable co-pilot did the trick! 

Big thanks to @sertac for the help today.

One of the members brought a Walkie Talkie that we tried to program, i think it was this one: Looks like you have to hold the MENU button and then turn on the unit to put it in Frequency mode.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:10 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you guys and gals soon in the sand again !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks @Frederic @sertacintroduction to desert driving, I enjoyed the drive more than I care to admit.

Looking forward to many more weekly drives in the future, at least my husband is. 

Edited by Desert Wrangler
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use