•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 16 Apr 2021

Chaitanya D

40 minutes ago, Badar Tariq said:

@Chaitanya D due to urgency i have to drop the drive. My apologies.

@SyedObaid and @Pierre de Maigret both of you will.be added to the drive 

Kindly confirm 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Friends ,

Please note Updated convoy positions for tonight

image.png.9a7c52999b7008719ef6204869126e57.png

We will use Radio Chanel 1 for communications

Richard @Wrangeld, Marjan @Jeepie , @GauravSoni and myself will manage recoveries if any.

Kindly arrive in time and deflate to 15 Psi for regular tires and 12 psi if you have all terrain AT tires.

Please remember to bring in your mandatory gears (Shovel, programmed radio, Deflator, compressor and off road flag) without which you will not be allowed to drive. Torch for yourself is preferable for ease of use in the dark.

I wish to remind the COVID9 guidelines of the club. Please step out only for deflating your tires (with face masks on) and once done get back into your cars. Park your cars at sufficient distance from each other. Myself and support members will watch for any violations which will invite a ban from the club.

See you tonight

• Like (+1) 3

@Chaitanya D, @Wrangeld, @Gaurav Soni, @Jeepie, @Soumya Saklanigreat leadership, managed entire drive well, safe and enjoyable with right amount of challenges and technical areas. For most of us this drive could be the 1st night drive or even first newbie drive, which should be a memorable one. With few refusals, self recoveries, pulling out, lot of learning for most of us. Driving in the dark looked scary, with proper guidance it turned out to be so easy and enjoyable. Never had chance to see the dune in the night, but today it became reality, only thing couldn’t see any animals on the way. Thank every one for this drive and see you soon in the sand!!!! Good night.

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
Small correction
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Trip Report:

Glad to catch up with a great bunch of newbie drivers who signed up on this Carnity night drive at Margham. We drove along from Lisaili to Margham village through some technical areas , small to medium dunes and some sharp drops. Having the support of @Jeepie and @Wrangeld made the whole drive well supported and anchored  all throughout.

@Soumya Saklani did 2nd lead role to perfection in his prado , except some minor refusals and stucks. Rerouting as advised by me in some tricky areas , thank you.

@Darren Brooke drove the LWB Tahoe really well. I was expecting some stucks /refusals considering the LWB but really impressive how well you drove. You almost got out of a soft patch with shovelings and some maneuvering which was a delight to see. Very immersive driving considering you made it all through with just one assistance.

@Ahmed Mostafa did well in his LWB pajero, some refusals and stucks as expected . His second drive of the day and great to see your enthusiasm along with Trekkado, and Morshedi. 

@SyedObaidmissed out on this drive, no confirmation of joining after he was added to the drive upon him wait listing.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan managed his position and his LWB Pajero with some refusals. Driving in dark takes some practice but it was good to see you managed most of the terrain with no issues than the last time we drove in daylight. Good to see you sticking to Newbie drives to learn and get better before jumping onto higher level to get the learning right. We did see some animals , but as we drive through they obviously hide away in the dark.

@GauravSoniwas our center forward for the night and he managed all the recoveries/tugs under the watchful eyes of the seniors on this drive. You need to communicate clearly on the radio (which you did for most of the time) and wait for the acknowledgements from the car having a situation. How your are improving at it each drive is impressive. Thanks for your support my friend.

@Niekku driving her FJC was totally blank on the radio, goes to show how well you were in the back of convoy which consisted of many having done their masterclasses (with @Ale Vallecchi). I was sure of your basics being right and hence your position, and you managed well. Great driving and enthusiasm.

@stavros papachristos some refusals which are all part of the game especially at the back, managed his red wrangler well. Good to get your feedback asking for drives on Saturday which I/we will definitely try to arrange considering the availability of many leads who tend to have a working day on Saturdays. But nevertheless , will arrange.

@Pierre de Maigret good to catch up after a gap, and your style of driving with a FJC is "kind of " impossible to get stuck/ have a refusal. Another member who was radio blank - great driving . Fantastic to see how you are applying all that you learnt in the masterclasses (with me).

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil another member who had a masterclass (with @Wrangeld) , drove his wrangler well. Some minor refusals which are always expected being at the back end of a longish convoy. Always great to see your smile and enthusiasm on all the drives you have been with me.

@Jeepie was the sweep , and always reassuring we don't leave anyone behind. Her calm and clear approach with right communication is always a delight to have on any drive. Thank you so much for supporting the drive along with Richard.

@Wrangeld was our Fly sweep meaning he was flying to any position where there might be need for an assistance or get into a position where we might need some re routing. Having mentored me from my early days in this club ( along with Marjan @Jeepie) , it was a nice little challenge for me leading a newbie group while he was on the drive. For sure his mastery over technical dunes is great. All the guidance's/advises learnt from you both were applied and hence we drove for most of the time even if it was with newbie drivers in the dark. Thank you!

Some stats in the pic below

68988055_Screenshot_20210417-083024_GaiaGPS.jpg.3da3ecc90fdd7b4be8558af9398fda42.jpg

Thank you everyone for the COVID appropriate behavior all along the drive.

If you have completed the required number of drives please apply for your promotion to next level at ease, no hurry. Remember to learn, relax, and enjoy your drives. For most if not all this is a weekend activity /hobby and hence not a race to the next level. More information and link to apply below

Off road Club Grading Structure V.2.0 - Discussions - Carnity.com

See you all some time soon, enjoy your week !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

7 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

managed most of the terrain with fewer issues than the last time

@Chaitanya Dthanks for the detailed feedback, hope I didn’t had any refusal yesterday, Most of the time I was announcing the refusal ahead of me which was eventually a gold pajero.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

4 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@Chaitanya Dthanks for the detailed feedback, hope I didn’t had any refusal yesterday, Most of the time I was announcing the refusal ahead of me which was eventually a gold pajero.

Amended,  well done !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks for the great experience last night and it was great to drive along with the some of the Carnity club legends 😀

@Chaitanya Djust for the statistics i had only one minor refusal 😎

Looking forward for some Saturday drives.

See you at the dunes next weekend!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

53 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip Report:

Glad to catch up with a great bunch of newbie drivers who signed up on this Carnity night drive at Margham. We drove along from Lisaili to Margham village through some technical areas , small to medium dunes and some sharp drops. Having the support of @Jeepie and @Wrangeld made the whole drive well supported and anchored  all throughout.

@Soumya Saklani did 2nd lead role to perfection in his prado , except some minor refusals and stucks. Rerouting as advised by me in some tricky areas , thank you.

@Darren Brooke drove the LWB Tahoe really well. I was expecting some stucks /refusals considering the LWB but really impressive how well you drove. You almost got out of a soft patch with shovelings and some maneuvering which was a delight to see. Very immersive driving considering you made it all through with just one assistance.

@Ahmed Mostafa did well in his LWB pajero, some refusals and stucks as expected . His second drive of the day and great to see your enthusiasm along with Trekkado, and Morshedi. 

@SyedObaidmissed out on this drive, no confirmation of joining after he was added to the drive upon him wait listing.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan managed his position and his LWB Pajero with some refusals. Driving in dark takes some practice but it was good to see you managed most of the terrain with no issues than the last time we drove in daylight. Good to see you sticking to Newbie drives to learn and get better before jumping onto higher level to get the learning right. We did see some animals , but as we drive through they obviously hide away in the dark.

@GauravSoniwas our center forward for the night and he managed all the recoveries/tugs under the watchful eyes of the seniors on this drive. You need to communicate clearly on the radio (which you did for most of the time) and wait for the acknowledgements from the car having a situation. How your are improving at it each drive is impressive. Thanks for your support my friend.

@Niekku driving her FJC was totally blank on the radio, goes to show how well you were in the back of convoy which consisted of many having done their masterclasses (with @Ale Vallecchi). I was sure of your basics being right and hence your position, and you managed well. Great driving and enthusiasm.

@stavros papachristos some refusals which are all part of the game especially at the back, managed his red wrangler well. Good to get your feedback asking for drives on Saturday which I/we will definitely try to arrange considering the availability of many leads who tend to have a working day on Saturdays. But nevertheless , will arrange.

@Pierre de Maigret good to catch up after a gap, and your style of driving with a FJC is "kind of " impossible to get stuck/ have a refusal. Another member who was radio blank - great driving . Fantastic to see how you are applying all that you learnt in the masterclasses (with me).

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil another member who had a masterclass (with @Wrangeld) , drove his wrangler well. Some minor refusals which are always expected being at the back end of a longish convoy. Always great to see your smile and enthusiasm on all the drives you have been with me.

@Jeepie was the sweep , and always reassuring we don't leave anyone behind. Her calm and clear approach with right communication is always a delight to have on any drive. Thank you so much for supporting the drive along with Richard.

@Wrangeld was our Fly sweep meaning he was flying to any position where there might be need for an assistance or get into a position where we might need some re routing. Having mentored me from my early days in this club ( along with Marjan @Jeepie) , it was a nice little challenge for me leading a newbie group while he was on the drive. For sure his mastery over technical dunes is great. All the guidance's/advises learnt from you both were applied and hence we drove for most of the time even if it was with newbie drivers in the dark. Thank you!

Some stats in the pic below

68988055_Screenshot_20210417-083024_GaiaGPS.jpg.3da3ecc90fdd7b4be8558af9398fda42.jpg

Thank you everyone for the COVID appropriate behavior all along the drive.

If you have completed the required number of drives please apply for your promotion to next level at ease, no hurry. Remember to learn, relax, and enjoy your drives. For most if not all this is a weekend activity /hobby and hence not a race to the next level. More information and link to apply below

Off road Club Grading Structure V.2.0 - Discussions - Carnity.com

See you all some time soon, enjoy your week !

@Chaitanya D thank you for an enjoyable & educational drive. Lots of firsts for me - 1st night drive, 1st time 2nd lead & 1st time stuck on top of a dune! Always used to wonder why cars get stuck on the crest, now I know 1st hand ;-)!  Great experience demystifying night driving - very enjoyable & lots of learning, thanks too to @Wrangeld @Jeepie @GauravSoni

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Chaitanya D thankyou for the suggestion! Well noted!  Each drive is a step on the learning curve which is never ending!! 
Everybody drove amazing... so well!! Its an absolute delight to get back to newbie drives!! Makes me learn something new every single time! 
thanks @Wrangeld and @Jeepiefor the valuable support and guidance to everyone!!!! 

until next time!!!🤟🏻

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use