•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Highway to the Sun: Murqaab to Solar Park - Dubai - 16 Apr 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for this morning. Excellent drive as expected, with the required level of challenges and the fun of the roller costing ! Your guidance to read the dunes was really helpful ! Thank you @Mehmet Volgaand @Shaaz Sha for watching us, and always in reach when support was needed.

And I loved the sun in line with the lights of the FJ before the drive ;)  

IMG_7830.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

6 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

Hi everyone and thank you guys for a superb drive. It was my 3rd drive with @Ale Vallecchi and after a long gap I loved to be a part of this convoy. Thank you @Ale Vallecchifor yet another wonderful and energetic drive, where you taught us about all possible tricks and tips which this terrain could offer and special thanks for trusting me as your sweep😀.Thank you @Mehmet Volgafor a perfectly executed CF and for all the advices and helps in assisting in recoveries. @Lakshmi Narasimhandid really good as the second lead ,👍 keep it up buddy. @Ranjan Pattanaikdid manage his explorer very well , @Gregory @ARAGONand @Pmarazitidid really good at the front ( it was not an easy task in such soft sand) @Warren Flayit was nice to see you in ur SWB pajero and did the self recovery very well. Keep it up bro. @JeromeFJ @WaYanand @Chris Winghad lots of fun with their beasts manuvered really good. @Roger Kdid really good with your LR and did amazing self recovery 👏👏 and finally @TT_Dubaidid amazing job with his wrangler and unfortunately had a pop out , but dealt with it fine. Thank you guys once again and hope to join you guys soon.

How did I missed mentioning you @Shaaz Sha. Great job in sweeping making sure every one stays clear and fixing @TT_Dubaityre pop out. See you soon!!!

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Pmaraziti said:

Hey all, I often take some cocida, all Covid compliant and create a little memory of a great drive, I am posting here to share

A little video of our Highway to Sun

Wow.. @Pmarazitithat was great...lucky to be riding just in front of you..thank you very much

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

@Ale Vallecchi thanks for the detailed feedback. When we reflect back on what happened every one will realize that at times we need that push to break the barrier and get out of comfort zone and focus back on the drive to negotiate and cross the challenge safely, which was achieved. Hope in future drives we recall your screaming push push, keep moving, gently left right while climbing and it helps in polishing our handling skills.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks Ale, it was a challenging drive for us newbies. I for one learned quite a bit due to your instruction/demonstrations. I have to thank Mehmet again for coaching me out of my stuck. See you all again soon.

Edited by Warren Flay
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Enjoyed the drive and challenges - thanks Ale for the tips and demonstrations running up and down those dunes! I learn something new from each instructor on each drive... for example Ale encouraged deflation to 13 psi (I've been advised previously to stick to 15/16psi) on my standard, on-road tyres. I felt the difference this extra 2 psi made in the soft sand. Thanks Mehmet for pulling me out of the sand bowl after getting stuck - after potentially getting a little too close to Ranjan and having to take some evasive action.

Looking forward to the next one... 

• Like (+1) 6

Important Information

Terms of use