•  

COVID19 Compliant - Tuesday Afternoon Short Intermediate Desert Drive - The Slip Side of Al Qudra (reloaded) - Dubai - 13 Apr 2021

Drive Brief
After the first successful edition, the "Slip Face of Al Qudra" drive is back.  A fast paced, action packed re-visiting of the well known areas of Al Qudra Desert, where the drive level will be pushed to intermediate with lots of opportunities to practice ridge-riding, crest breaking and criss-crossing skills along with frequent dives and occasional climbs on the slip face of high and long range dunes, all mixed with a couple of highly technical small dunes stints. 

1954675013_AlQudraDunes.png.0e4cb9e665eab3992ad76100bce9f053.png

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: Ban Post

TWO WAY RADIO GUIDELINES

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

SUGGESTED READING: Carnity Two Way Radio Frequencies

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and Above (All Levels)

When: 13 Apr 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 3:45 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Sayh al Salm Roundabout - https://goo.gl/maps/6rYD28XzLS8xeHe9A 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 6:30 PM

End Point: Bab Al Shams

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Tuesday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 2

• Lorenzo Candelpergher changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Tuesday Afternoon Short Intermediate Desert Drive - The Slip Side of Al Qudra (reloaded) - Dubai - 13 Apr 2021
1 minute ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher this drive will be my debut as an Intermediate. 

Dear @Thomas Varghese, I'm pleased it will be with me. Looking forward to it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

the RSVP is now closed.

Please find below the convoy order:

image.png.fb8363a320877251087d76c353985c2d.png

@Shehab Alawadhi, @Thomas Varghese, @Ali Abas, @Gaurav Soni@Jack Thomas, @Ale Vallecchi, this drive is going to be very fast paced and technically demanding, more mentally for the drivers than mechanically for the cars. For those of you who have been newly promoted to Intermediate Level, it will be a significant step up from Fewbie / Fewbie+, mostly because of the higher pace, but also because of the more frequent technical challenges, as we will be doing a lot of criss-crossing and deep dives on slip faces (hence the name of the drive..).

This drive will require your full and undivided concentration at every step, so make sure you come well rested and you don’t have any reason for being distracted. If you are fancying to take a lot of photos, be aware that this may not be the best occasion, as you will need both your hands on the steering wheel at all times,.. Also, please consider carefully if you wish to bring passengers along with you.

We will be using Carnity Channel 1 (446.00625MHz).

Please make it to the meeting point, ready to go (i.e. already deflated and flagged) by no later 3:45pm (sharp). 

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

the RSVP is now closed.

Please find below the convoy order:

image.png.fb8363a320877251087d76c353985c2d.png

@Shehab Alawadhi, @Thomas Varghese, @Ali Abas, @Gaurav Soni@Jack Thomas, @Ale Vallecchi, this drive is going to be very fast paced and technically demanding, more mentally for the drivers than mechanically for the cars. For those of you who have been newly promoted to Intermediate Level, it will be a significant step up from Fewbie / Fewbie+, mostly because of the higher pace, but also because of the more frequent technical challenges, as we will be doing a lot of criss-crossing and deep dives on slip faces (hence the name of the drive..).

This drive will require your full and undivided concentration at every step, so make sure you come well rested and you don’t have any reason for being distracted. If you are fancying to take a lot of photos, be aware that this may not be the best occasion, as you will need both your hands on the steering wheel at all times,.. Also, please consider carefully if you wish to bring passengers along with you.

We will be using Carnity Channel 1 (446.00625MHz).

Please make it to the meeting point, ready to go (i.e. already deflated and flagged) by no later 3:45pm (sharp). 

@Lorenzo CandelpergherI have also been RSVP'ed for this drive from the day it was opened. 

• Like (+1) 4

Hi @Rob Harper,

Yes, you responded to the RSVP. It was my mistake not to include you. Probably a wrong copy / paste. Apologies. 

You can, of course, join. 

• Like (+1) 5

On 4/12/2021 at 1:32 PM, Thomas Varghese said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher this drive will be my debut as an Intermediate. 

Not correct. You have already driven as an intermediate, but perhaps not driven in an intermediate rated drive. Enjoy, Thomas. You worked hard to get to this level. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear @Lorenzo Candelpergher, thank you very much for the opportunity to sweep your convoy. It was a delightful drive, in a beautiful area swept immaculately clean by a warm wind, with a small and efficient group of drivers.

I truly enjoyed the possibility of refining my skills at driving behind some heavily churned tracks (how could it have been otherwise, with 3 powerful monster trucks and a mighty Land Cruiser ahead of me), looking for a clean approach to ridges, or working to balance the car on crests already marked by the convoy ahead. I found the effort refreshing and very useful: never underestimate the value of supporting a convoy, and how much it can teach about one's own driving skills, and needs to improve.

Thanks @Shehab Alawadhi, @Thomas Varghese, @Ali Abas, @GauravSoni, @Jack Thomas and @Rob Harper for joining the drive, working together to make it a fast, and almost uninterrupted one.

And what a great conclusion, riding into the sunset, with gazelles darting away in front of us.

See you soon in the sand.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Lorenzo Candelpergheryour drives never disappoint. It was perfect route today and I enjoyed how the convoy were supportive in giving tips to each driver, the cresting was fantastic to help refine my skills

@Ale Vallecchifor your enthusiasm to get me in the bowl and then tactfully make my out on top, through clear guidance and support was fantastic 

Everyone else you were awesome team and see you soon

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use