•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Short & Sharp Lisaili - Dubai - 24 Apr 2021

Wrangeld

Drive Brief

Lisaili provides challenges that require a skills set behind the wheel that can test the best. So we will enjoy the 'short' small, super-technical dunes and the 'sharp' ridges and high dunes, this drive has to offer. This drive will require our drivers to demonstrate that the small dunes are well and truly under control in the same way that the sharp are approached. 

The reward for the short, will be the sharp, criss crossing, ridge riding and slide slipping into the sunset as we make our way, into the Solar Park complex, before a return to Last Exit through the exciting challenge of short and sharp all the way back into our destination.  

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions 2.0

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: Ban Post

TWO WAY RADIO GUIDELINES

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

SUGGESTED READING: Carnity Two Way Radio Frequencies

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and Above (All Levels)

When:  24 Apr 2021, Saturday.

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Lisaili Fort - https://goo.gl/maps/mUgmV43WURfW5iaB7  

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM

End Point: Last Exit

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 4

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Short & Sharp Lisaili - Dubai - 24 Apr 2021

Good morning, 

I'll be short and sharp. @Watteau @varunmehndiratta you've been moved from WL to on the drive. 

If you're not coming, say so now to save the time of chasing you later. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Good morning, 

I'll be short and sharp. @Watteau @varunmehndiratta you've been moved from WL to on the drive. 

If you're not coming, say so now to save the time of chasing you later. 

Looking forward...👍

• Like (+1) 1

OK - Wednesday morning and you're all making weekend plans. 

Here's my pre-briefing for the drive on Saturday: 

1. No dropouts please, because your Friday drive overran or you're tired or the dog ate your homework. If you don't know your weekend plan by now, unless thermonuclear war breaks out, your vehicle got damaged on Friday or there's a real family emergency, any other excuse will be called for what it is. 
  2. IM drive instructions are pretty simple. If you have a problem, call it out. If you can self recover, take the time needed and do it. If you need help, ask. It's not a race so we are not looking for the fastest recoveries so we can move on. 
  3. There is a hierarchy in sorting out problems. Drive, dig, rope, winch, helicopter. At IM, you get yourself into trouble, you get yourself out. 
  4. No excuses, no blame. If you got stuck you got stuck. It's not because the guy/girl in front braked suddenly = you were too close or not in control of your speed. It's not because you did not see the correct line = you're IM so if you don't see the line, make the adjustments needed. Focus on you. 
  5. Short, implies this will be a technical challenge. It will help your drive skills immensely. Sharp, implies criss cross, ridges and side slipping. Let's see which gives more pleasure.

See you Saturday in the Sand. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

10 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

OK - Wednesday morning and you're all making weekend plans. 

Here's my pre-briefing for the drive on Saturday: 

1. No dropouts please, because your Friday drive overran or you're tired or the dog ate your homework. If you don't know your weekend plan by now, unless thermonuclear war breaks out, your vehicle got damaged on Friday or there's a real family emergency, any other excuse will be called for what it is. 
  2. IM drive instructions are pretty simple. If you have a problem, call it out. If you can self recover, take the time needed and do it. If you need help, ask. It's not a race so we are not looking for the fastest recoveries so we can move on. 
  3. There is a hierarchy in sorting out problems. Drive, dig, rope, winch, helicopter. At IM, you get yourself into trouble, you get yourself out. 
  4. No excuses, no blame. If you got stuck you got stuck. It's not because the guy/girl in front braked suddenly = you were too close or not in control of your speed. It's not because you did not see the correct line = you're IM so if you don't see the line, make the adjustments needed. Focus on you. 
  5. Short, implies this will be a technical challenge. It will help your drive skills immensely. Sharp, implies criss cross, ridges and side slipping. Let's see which gives more pleasure.

See you Saturday in the Sand. 

In short Richard @Wrangeld is implying you are on your own if you make a mistake and get stuck. Sounds great. I started my prayers already not to get stuck as its too difficult to shovel with my hefty frame. As I couldn't think of any usable excuses to back out I'm in. Moreover I RSVP'ed for this drive as I don't have 1 on Friday. Could have but my daughter is returning back home on Friday after her vacation and felt bad when she said I can keep the keys under the doormat if I'm going for a drive and she will take a taxi home. Richard has already whipped up the curiosity and I can't wait to do my 3rd IM drive. Hopefully I won't be physically tested to the limits. Godspeed to Saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use