•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Short & Sharp Lisaili - Dubai - 24 Apr 2021

Wrangeld

18 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Dear Richard @Wrangeld does this mean I need to get out and buy a flat bed jack now along with the wooden plank? 

Dear Thomas, 

IM equipment

Safety flag, tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, shovel, fire extinguisher, medical kit, radio (walkie-talkie), air compressor, tool kit, rated recovery rope and 2 rated shackles, GPS.

Having more senior members on a drive who carry additional equipment or members that have already invested allows drivers not to invest themselves at this level. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Thomas said:

@Wrangeld I am gutted, but I am stuck in Pemba up in the North of Mozambique. Was meant to be on flight back to arrive tonight into Dubai, but with the joys of African logistics and way of life, it is not possible and I am stuck her for another two days.

Such a shame, as this sounds right up my street.

Have a great drive!! 

@Jack Thomas that's a shame. Reasons for not attending noted and I guess this qualifies as acceptable (!) ... although why a man of your means did not just charter a jet ...

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I have all that except the medical kit

Mate how did you get promoted to IM if a medical kit was part of the kit requirements to have in order to get promoted? Interesting, best you get one and not expect to use someone else’s if anything happens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Thanks @Wrangeld for leading us through this POPing drive....😀 through this amazingly deceptive terrain ..

Believe we almost might have created the record for most number of Pop-outs in a drive ..including two tyres of same vehicle at once...😀 

In midst of all action we all learnt important lesson (repeated multiple time in every drive).... Don't dare fight the gravity..  

While all did well, @jodha singh shekhawat was surely the brave one for the day... immediately getting back to action after that complicated stuck...you rock dear...

For me had lots of firsts and really a learning experience. 

A. First ever Pop-out..as Richard had mentiomed in his notes, it's IM drive can't lose track of your line...lost it once and landed on a steep bump 😀

B. First proper night drive though not a very long one, was super fun.

C. First time was Second lead (self nominated 😀, reasons don't matter).  

Thanks all for a fun eve. 

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

21 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Thanks @Wrangeld for leading us through this POPing drive....😀 through this amazingly deceptive terrain ..

Believe we almost might have created the record for most number of Pop-outs in a drive ..including two tyres of same vehicle at once...😀 

In midst of all action we all learnt important lesson (repeated multiple time in every drive).... Don't dare fight the gravity..  

While all did well, @jodha singh shekhawat was surely the brave one for the day... immediately getting back to action after that complicated stuck...you rock dear...

For me had lots of firsts and really a learning experience. 

A. First ever Pop-out..as Richard had mentiomed in his notes, it's IM drive can't lose track of your line...lost it once and landed on a steep bump 😀

B. First proper night drive though not a very long one, was super fun.

C. First time was Second lead (self nominated 😀, reasons don't matter).  

Thanks all for a fun eve. 

IMG_3186.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use