• Β 
Advertise here

My Land Cruiser 100 project

4 hours ago, Wade Pat2 said:

Calling the project. Transformation from old, fat and slow toΒ old, fat, and kinda slow. ,πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

kinda slow? waiting for the 0-60 mph speed result πŸ˜…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Getting closer. Doing first checks. Closed loop idle on standalone ECU looks good.

Hoping to see full tune on dyno Monday. And need to change bright yellow intake elbow haha

Β 

Β 

Edited by Wade Pat2
  • Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Super nice to see such clean job, looking fwd to see it in action soon.

Thanks Gaurav. I appreciate the compliment. Most of the work before was done by me. For this part I decided to trust a new garage . My only job this time was to pay and then do my best not to annoy them with messages of how it was going all day.

I hope to have it back in the desert soon. As you know I spent lots of time and money to have it almost as reliable as new for my previous drives. With the addition of so many new parts, hoses, fuel lines, belts, and tuning It may be a little while before I am confident to bring it out.Β  It will see the sand again but I will go through everything like before to minimize the risk as much as possible for messing up a drive with break down .Β 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much done working through the big issues. Running great now. Will see how it does the next few weeks in the heat and fine tune anything that pops up. Hoping to get back in the sand with it on a newbie drive right after EID. Nice torque curve from low rpm all the way to a safely set Rev limit. Video is loud with all the dyno fans but Supercharge can easily out scream them haha.

I'm not to happy I couldn't keep stockΒ  intake and filter but SC just wouldn't pull any air with all the bends and filter. Had to go with dry performance filter. Stock intake 233 whp - custom intake 303 whp

Around 400 hp at crank now up from 235hp stock. Over 300 wtqe at 3k rpm so should be a little quicker even though she is still a fat tank of a car.

Β 

Β 

Β 

IMG_20220408_220824_935.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

Congrats buddy, sounds sweet.

That's a very big gain from 235 to 400, what other magic you did under the hood?

How much boost? Engine internal or any other parts upgrade to withstand 400?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

48 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Congrats buddy, sounds sweet.

That's a very big gain from 235 to 400, what other magic you did under the hood?

How much boost? Engine internal or any other parts upgrade to withstand 400?

Just under 7 psi max boost from the TRD supercharger. It was ported and polished in US along with rebuild and rotor recoating to be as efficient as possible and make less heat. Methanol injectionΒ  from 4 psi up to keep it from knocking and Temps down. Bigger fuel pump and injectors to keep up with fuel demands. Much larger intake piping and performance filter so SC can breath. Maxxecu used for engine management is tuned conservatively on timing and fuel delivery to "hopefully " withstand the heat.Β 

Only other thing holding it together is Toyota engineering from 23 years ago, alot of preventive maintenance, and some prayers.

If a rod bends, will rebuild and bolt everything back on I guess. My projects don't seem to ever finish just grow. Haha

Edited by Wade Pat2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

That's indeed very conservatively boosted to less than half a bar unlike hooligans here touch 2-3 bars and shorten the engine's usable life to max 1-2 years. Good decision.

Now the next big challenge for you and your tuner is to use the perfectly tuned maps for off-road use to make this beast a real climber than a dragster. Faya climb in Sharjah or Y60 hill in Quaa will be your best friend for the next few drives. I would love to see this LC100 climbing Faya from the right side (most difficult).

My limited experience with Cayenne Turbo (450 hp) in dunes wasn't great as the turbo kicks in at the wrong times in spite of having a twin-turbo that supposes to fill the turbo lag. Second, with the Range Rover supercharged (510 hp) experienced the same results as those cars were tuned for road and not for off-road use and I didn't intend to tinker with the tuning for my daily driver.

Good luck and lots of prayer for stock internals and other ancillary parts.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 5:00 AM, Gaurav said:

That's indeed very conservatively boosted to less than half a bar unlike hooligans here touch 2-3 bars and shorten the engine's usable life to max 1-2 years. Good decision.

Now the next big challenge for you and your tuner is to use the perfectly tuned maps for off-road use to make this beast a real climber than a dragster. Faya climb in Sharjah or Y60 hill in Quaa will be your best friend for the next few drives. I would love to see this LC100 climbing Faya from the right side (most difficult).

My limited experience with Cayenne Turbo (450 hp) in dunes wasn't great as the turbo kicks in at the wrong times in spite of having a twin-turbo that supposes to fill the turbo lag. Second, with the Range Rover supercharged (510 hp) experienced the same results as those cars were tuned for road and not for off-road use and I didn't intend to tinker with the tuning for my daily driver.

Good luck and lots of prayer for stock internals and other ancillary parts.

Finally back in Dubai from leave. Still have small issue I need to fix with Sub tank fuel pump but that is really all. Its a lot of new untested parts to bring in the the summer heat. Dont want to ruin a whole ride for everyone with a broken car. Will try to find a way to test it off the road but close to road just incase. Want to gain some confidence in the car before putting alot of pressure on it.Β 

Β 

Small update to above performance. As I fine tune ECU and also upgraded exhaust the HP is now 330+ hp to wheels at 5k rpm and 365 wheel torque at 4k rpm.Β 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Wade Pat2 said:

Small update to above performance. As I fine tune ECU and also upgraded exhaust the HP is now 330+ hp to wheels at 5k rpm and 365 wheel torque at 4k rpm.Β 

We have to test it in Iftar Bowl from the middle straight-up instead of from the sides to see if the 300hp is enough or need to boost more :DΒ 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1