•  
Advertise here

My Land Cruiser 100 project

5 hours ago, Zed said:

We have to test it in Iftar Bowl from the middle straight-up instead of from the sides to see if the 300hp is enough or need to boost more :D 

Would be easier to strip interior and loose all the extra weight then to make more power I think :)

You know me, I'm good on newbie and fewbie rides. Only put all this work and hp into it as a project. Could blow tomorrow for all i know.

Still ready to try just need short easy ride to make sure kinks all worked out first.

• Haha (+1) 2

Welcome back @Wade Pat2 330 from 230 stock (I guess) is almost a 50% gain, sweet.

Looking fwd to seeing it in action soon. Don't listen to Zeddy for IFB climb, I'll give you a better offer - Faya right side from the ridge, lol. Just kidding.

Of course, do your prelim test and work out on kinks and you will have the whole winter to enjoy climbs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just quick note for those following :

Stock 

Dynoed @ 200 wheel HP 

Toyota spec 235 brake HP at engine 

15% driveline loss

Supercharged- 

Dynoed @ 330 wheel HP

Estimated 390 brake HP 

Total gain-

130 whp and 190bhp over stock.

End of the day it's all just numbers that sound good really :). Torque curve and gain is more importnatn  and as Gaurav has mentioned before, when that extra torque come in makes all the difference.

Overall the SC has made the LC more fun to drive but I'm not convinced the extra power and heat make it valuable in the sand. Luckily my only intention with adding it was to because I like projects and turning wrenches :).

Will keep fine tuning and testing for now. Plan for first temp drop to have it in the sand then to fully push it over cooler months. 

Only future upgrades planned -

-Pass rta renewal ( not sure yet how)

-Transmission upgraded valve body 

-Slightly lighter and more free flowing muffler without being loud. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

• 2 months later...

Feel like it has been forever, because it has. As all projects do It just keeps growing and seems to never be ready to get back in the sand. Will be back this season for sure.

**completed

-RTA- passed !

-Exhaust finished!

-Auto trans just kept giving trouble under boost so swapped for manual. Not my preference in sand but I had to think long term and reliability.

**Up Next

-Currently wiring offroad lights into ECU so I can control them with Bluetooth display.

-Finish tuning with Manual transmission 

-front diff bushings

-newbie drive!

20221014_170357.jpg

Screenshot_20221021_070029.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Wade Pat2 said:

Feel like it has been forever, because it has. As all projects do It just keeps growing and seems to never be ready to get back in the sand. Will be back this season for sure.

**completed

-RTA- passed !

-Exhaust finished!

-Auto trans just kept giving trouble under boost so swapped for manual. Not my preference in sand but I had to think long term and reliability.

**Up Next

-Currently wiring offroad lights into ECU so I can control them with Bluetooth display.

-Finish tuning with Manual transmission 

-front diff bushings

-newbie drive!

20221014_170357.jpg

Screenshot_20221021_070029.jpg

Soon you'll love that manual gear in the sand !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

6 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Wonderful. Look forward to seeing the manual LC in action. What is the gear ratio of the manual vs the automatic?

Auto Gear Ratios:

2.95:1

1.53:1

1:1

0.765:1

Manual:

4.08:1

2.29:1

1.49:1

1:1

.881:1

Edited by Wade Pat2