•  
Advertise here

My Land Cruiser 100 project

Couple more boring additions I wanted to add. Had a chance to replace stock exhaust with new OEM. It was the only thing with rust on the car but it's nice and shiny now. New prop shafts, new engine and transmount. Few bushing here and there. The worst job was roof supports. Found some rattles and decided to remove headliner. All 3 cross supports seam sealer had hardened and broken up. Leaving roof and supports metal to metal.

Decided to finally go to the rental shop and do that part myself. Turned out well but not fun. 

Up next will be timing belt kit ,water pump and radiator flush before the SC goes on in January. It seems I just got back to Dubai and I'm leaving again for Christmas holiday. 

20211027_100804.jpg

20211101_151351.jpg

20211104_130209.jpg

20211104_121112~3.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

22 minutes ago, Wade Pat2 said:

Had a chance to replace stock exhaust with new OEM. 

You improved the back-end exhaust by replacing new muffler, might as well improve the front-end by replacing the manifold gaskets. Mine was rusty too there 😅:

B86F7381-FAC9-40E1-90EC-795FDBA499C8.jpeg.ffeb24a94120ff486232c3a88fc64c3f.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Zed said:

You improved the back-end exhaust by replacing new muffler, might as well improve the front-end by replacing the manifold gaskets. Mine was rusty too there 😅:

B86F7381-FAC9-40E1-90EC-795FDBA499C8.jpeg.ffeb24a94120ff486232c3a88fc64c3f.jpeg

Haha really don't want to. When they leak I will for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2021 at 9:56 AM, Gaurav said:

You will be the real winner my friend, to learn off-road skills on stock LC100.

1. First it will make you a better off-roader.
  2. You will be rich with spare money.
  3. Surely drive every week.
  4. Surely drive back in the same car.
  5. Drive with complete peace of mind.

The main five reasons that i backed off from selling cruiser for a jeep. Thanks @Gaurav😉

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, ShereenMK said:

The main five reasons that i backed off from selling cruiser for a jeep. Thanks @Gaurav😉

All of this is true except for spare money. I use all the extra money on upgrading and replacing things on my LC. 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Wade Pat2 said:

All of this is true except for spare money. I use all the extra money on upgrading and replacing things on my LC. 😂

There is a small difference actually, you spend your spare money upgrading  the performance of your LC, if it was jeep i will be spending my spare money on fixing the issues that is stopping me from driving it.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Been stuck in US since November but finally back just in time for nice weather. Parts made it through checked luggage and customs :). 

WI'll start adding parts next week. So far only had time to add gauges to A pillar. Came out pretty good with some left over  paint and heat gun. AFR and WM injection gauges for pending Supercharger install. Start of a long project!

Trying to keep stock look as much as possible. Gauges messed it up but have to have them. 

20220305_151529.jpg

20220304_111433~2.jpg

20220227_151349.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Little more progress. As all projects go, it's turning out twice as big as predicted, much higher cost, and plenty of unforseen problems. :)

Have to remember the journey is more rewarding then the destination at the end of the day.  Biggest downside so far is I had to turn over much of the work to a shop since the original US spec control module wouldn't work on my 99 GCC spec. This is over my knowledge level so they get to do the work and I get to pay and try to not stand over there shoulder being a bother. Haha

Screenshot_20220311-075148_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Wade Pat2 said:

Calling the project. Transformation from old, fat and slow to old, fat, and kinda slow. ,😂😂

It's really high time now, you need to name this one.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.