•  
Advertise here

My Land Cruiser 100 project

1 minute ago, Zed said:

Ain't crazy bro, try buying the cheapest LC200 you can find versus cheapest LC100 + mods, a very different & satisfying feeling to get LC100 on the cheap and able to customize it to your liking 😄

Yep, I have had plenty of new cars. I like older ones better. Always something to learn, fix ,upgrade, etc. Also easier for me to export home in a few years. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lights still need some adjustments but very happy with the output. Side by side comparison. Brand New stock high beam +low beam , and fog lamps on the left. On right is stock lights + off- road amber lights on Low beam . Will get High Beam Off-road lights comparison after adjustment. I didn't use the High beam much since the additional spot led's were reflecting off car in front of me in convoy. 

703935749_2021-06-0712_37_08-PowerPointSlideShow-Presentation1.png.df95ef143554bb97af17c02aacb9c4e3.png

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 1 month later...

Found a few good deals while I'm on leave. Ready to be back in the desert. Parts replace and Upgrade list is always growing and I'm 8k miles from my car and desert. Side amber and rear clear wide lens lights with some covers for previously purchased fronts. Due for inspection as soon as I return home. Then maintenance, fix rear locker, and back to sand.

20210717_105531.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

15 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Let the updates keep coming on Project LC100. Enjoy reading them.

+1

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Let the updates keep coming on Project LC100. Enjoy reading them.

On the rear lockers are you adding pneumatic or manual ones and which brand?

Rear locker is factory E-locker. Was working fine. Needed it on last drive where rear left tire had most of the weight on it but locker wouldn't engage and right rear just spun in the air. OEM locker is  pretty simple design and was working great  the ride before so Im sure I can fix once Im back and can climb underneath.  Guessing a wire rubbed through or some corrosion at actuator. 

Front is TJM air locker and is much faster and easier to work then rear E-locker. Just not as needed :) 

Updates will continue for sure! First RTA inspection/renewal is due as soon as I return to Dubai in August. After that I have more on the list to get done.  Nothing to exciting. install lights, some general maintenance , new prop shafts and maybe rear springs to replace spongy stocks. 

Hoping to try out new 360 cam and get back in the groove on  a few Newbie drives then back to Fewbie  :)

Will start my hunt for an OEM TRD supercharger that I hope to find before leaving Dubai and exporting it (2024).  One of those if it happens great and if not still great things. haha

Happy to have members interested in my project! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Wade Pat2 said:

Will start my hunt for an OEM TRD supercharger that I hope to find before leaving Dubai and exporting it (2024).  One of those if it happens great and if not still great things. haha

@Wade Pat2 the OEM TRD brand is a rarity, those who have it want to keep it forever since TRD only produced a few before discontinuing it due to warranty concerns. BUT it was made by Magnuson, and the model is Magnuson MP90, so it may be easier to find the non-TRD branded version. However, if you try to find MP90 SC, usually it's in a solo and not the whole kit, example this listing on eBay for MP90 selling for only 6000 AED / USD 1700 (get it before it disappears 🔥). Then you need to find other fitting parts (pulley, belt, hoses, piggyback ECU, etc.). Picture of the complete TRD kit at the bottom of this post.

a. You can read this Installation Guide of 2UZ-FE TRD Supercharger Kit to find the parts that you need to source.

b. There is a post on iH8mud from a guy in Sharjah selling his unused SuperCharger for AED 20,000. Try contacting him so you don't have to import from States. Recommend to negotiate & haggle since the post was from 2019 ☺️

c. There are garages in Dubai and Abu Dhabi who can do the sourcing for your. One garage quoted AED 15,000 for a second-hand supercharger, but most quote AED 30,000 to import new from Australia. Ping me on WhatsApp if you want the addresses of these garages 😁

As for me, due to the pricing, SuperCharger will be next year or the next, saving like AED 2,000 per month for it! 😂

TRD Supercharger complete kit:

20180107_224047.jpg.c6d9b2555e7d28c69e5b90b89c0fbb20.jpg

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Wade Pat2 said:

Front is TJM air locker and is much faster and easier to work then rear E-locker. Just not as needed

If you have both the front and rear lockers, try them separately and let us know which one is more effective. Ofcourse it depends on the circumstances, but since the front wheel has steering input as well I have a hunch that the front locker would be more effective than a rear locker during self recovery. But I could be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Back in Dubai! Doing parking garage installations before I move to my new parking spot. New spot will have no secret basement mechanic work allowed. Haha Lights mounted , need wiring finished. Covers fit well and should help with inspection and protection.

Maintenance items (oil, air filter, front diff oil and bushing change, new prop shafts, and a couple seals for leaks and I should be ready for the desert by the time jetlag wears off in a week.

20210812_094651.jpg

20210812_094432.jpg

20210812_094352.jpg

• Like (+1) 6