•  

Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Session - 11 May 2021

Frederic

7 hours ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@ frederic, @Mikhail LukichevWhich camera would be best to invest with 2500 Aed budget

nikon 5600 or canon eos 800D or Nikon COOLPIX P950 or any other best option

I would buy a canon EOs 800D

• Like (+1) 1

@Lakshmi Narasimhan Canon's menu system is easy to understand and change fast. Nikon's menu system is very cumbersome and sometimes I find it difficult to change settings from an array of menu's. Maybe because I'm used to Canon system. I find the canon color science more appealing. If you shell out a little more money you can buy a Canon 6d Mark 2. I think they have reduced the prices of this camera so much as they might shelf this model soon. Its a good full frame camera and you can use Magic Lantern software to tweak up the Canon capabilities. The only problem is you can only use the full frame EF lenses which are more expensive than the APS - C EFS lenses. The pictures this 6D Mark 2 takes is almost on par with their 5D series. Even Canon 800 D is an amazing camera.  

• Like (+1) 2

@Thomas VargheseI have invested on new car and on mods. I need bit more time to have my dream camera (Canon 5D MarkIV), mean time to start with learning basics I need a budget camera even a second hand should be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Frederic I have a very basic DSLR, Canon Eos 550d with the kit lense. Never really used it much except for the auto mode. This will be a first for me to try and use any other mode. 

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Brette said:

Hi @Frederic I have a very basic DSLR, Canon Eos 550d with the kit lense. Never really used it much except for the auto mode. This will be a first for me to try and use any other mode. 

I still have my EOS 500D but unfortunately my son did something to it and its not switching on. Got to give it for repair. @Brette you need to switch from Auto to the creative zones of the camera and discover new techniques of photography which your EOS 550 is very capable of delivering. Its like you have a 4X4 but never switched it from 2H to 4HI all the time you had it. Recently one of my friend was saying he had used 2 Pathfinders for 15 years but never even dared to touch the 4HI knob. After a drive with @Tbone as my passenger he is regretting he never tried all this with his cars. 

1 hour ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@Thomas VargheseI have invested on new car and on mods. I need bit more time to have my dream camera (Canon 5D MarkIV), mean time to start with learning basics I need a budget camera even a second hand should be fine.

Then you can try the new mirrorless series from Canon when the budget suits you. Canon 5D Mark IV is already 2 or more years old now. I heard their mirrorless are beasts. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Then you can try the new mirrorless series

Mirrorless camera lens options are very expensive and limited right?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Mirrorless camera lens options are very expensive and limited right?

Fastly developing. In fact Canon is now discontinuing some of their very good DSLR lenses and now focused on Mirrorless lenses  The cost of the RF lenses are similar to the EF series. 

• Like (+1) 1

Current Waitlist as per Monday 26 April:

1) Gaurav @Gaurav

2) Samamara @samamara

3) Srikumar @Srikumar

4) Chaitanya @Chaitanya D

5) JeromeFJ @JeromeFJ

@Ranjan Das i have added you to the session.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Current Waitlist as per Monday 26 April:

1) Gaurav @Gaurav

2) Samamara @samamara

3) Srikumar @Srikumar

4) Chaitanya @Chaitanya D

5) JeromeFJ @JeromeFJ

@Ranjan Das i have added you to the session.

Thanks @Frederic. Looking forward to the stary-stary night!

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/26/2021 at 10:45 AM, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@ frederic, @Mikhail LukichevWhich camera would be best to invest with 2500 Aed budget

nikon 5600 or canon eos 800D or Nikon COOLPIX P950 or any other best option

Hello! 

In my opinion, it is totally up to you to choose Nikon or Canon, both are good. I can advise to buy popular DSLR with popular lens mount so you can find lots of new and used lenses on the market.

So, Nikon 5600 or Canon eos 800D should be fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use