•  

Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Session - 11 May 2021

Frederic

3 hours ago, Veedooshee said:

Well, you will be surprised to know that those pictures have actually been taken from my phone.

Graduate to more serious tools like a DSLR or mirrorless system. It may seem cumbersome in the beginning and confusing but once you start using it then you will never use your phone to take pictures. There are so many tutorials to brief you on photography but I found this channel richard bradbury 500d - YouTube most simple and very informative. Its a tutorial about Canon 500D but the principle applies to any camera regardless of the make you prefer. I think there are almost 27 video tutorials and once you finish watching them you will look at your camera seriously. Regarding post production as I use RAW format always I use Adobe Lightroom and use tutorials from Antony Morganti anthony morganti - YouTube. I wish I can learn Adobe Photoshop and use its photo processing software but its better to study Photoshop in an institute as its a very sophisticated software which takes proper attention. I find Photoshop as the ultimate post production photography software and once you master it then the possibilities of editing your pictures are infinite. Lightroom is a good software but not as precise and powerful as Photoshop but relatively very easy to learn and will cater to a beginner in Photography. The cameras now a days are so powerful it doesn't really matter whether its manufactured by X, Y, Z company and the models. Eg. Canon 600D. The 650D, 700D, 750D, 800D are only software updates to the real 600D without much changes in the real capabilities of the hardware of the camera except increasing the megapixels, frame rates, and processor models which actually doesn't make much difference. Always remember Camera is only a tool. Its you who uses the tool to take picture and the upgrade has to start with understanding the capabilities of the tool from you yourself. A better model camera doesn't give you better pictures than an older model if you don't know how to take a picture. Don't worry about picture composition much in the beginning. It will come to you naturally once you start clicking pictures. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Confused (0) 1

On 4/26/2021 at 8:39 AM, Frederic said:

Current Waitlist as per Monday 26 April:

1) Ranjan Das @Ranjan Das

2) Gaurav @Gaurav

3) Samamara @samamara

4) Srikumar @Srikumar

5) Chaitanya @Chaitanya D

@Jorge Stepniak Felippei have added you to the session as i moved Mikhail to the manage tab.

Thanks!!

@Darren Brooke @Jorge Stepniak Felippe@Lakshmi Narasimhan @Ranjan Das

Can you please update us on which camera equipment you would be bringing (camera, lenses, tripod) ? And if you have experience with using the camera in manual mode and change the settings ?

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Can you please update us on which camera equipment you would be bringing (camera, lenses, tripod) ? And if you have experience with using the camera in manual mode and change the settings ?

Hi @Frederic,

I have an EOS 60D and Sigma 8-16mm. Very limited experience of handling the camera in manual mode though.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ranjan Das said:

Hi @Frederic,

I have an EOS 60D and Sigma 8-16mm. Very limited experience of handling the camera in manual mode though.

That's great equipment Ranjan, thanks for the quick feedback. We will be definitely helping you out to discover the manual mode.

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I got Nikon D5600. Most probably I might have to go to Abu Dhabi, if so then I will have to drop, will confirm by tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Nikon D810 with various lens and tripod. Done a bit in manual mode but nothing at night

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 4/28/2021 at 10:55 PM, Thomas Varghese said:

Graduate to more serious tools like a DSLR or mirrorless system. It may seem cumbersome in the beginning and confusing but once you start using it then you will never use your phone to take pictures. There are so many tutorials to brief you on photography but I found this channel richard bradbury 500d - YouTube most simple and very informative. Its a tutorial about Canon 500D but the principle applies to any camera regardless of the make you prefer. I think there are almost 27 video tutorials and once you finish watching them you will look at your camera seriously. Regarding post production as I use RAW format always I use Adobe Lightroom and use tutorials from Antony Morganti anthony morganti - YouTube. I wish I can learn Adobe Photoshop and use its photo processing software but its better to study Photoshop in an institute as its a very sophisticated software which takes proper attention. I find Photoshop as the ultimate post production photography software and once you master it then the possibilities of editing your pictures are infinite. Lightroom is a good software but not as precise and powerful as Photoshop but relatively very easy to learn and will cater to a beginner in Photography. The cameras now a days are so powerful it doesn't really matter whether its manufactured by X, Y, Z company and the models. Eg. Canon 600D. The 650D, 700D, 750D, 800D are only software updates to the real 600D without much changes in the real capabilities of the hardware of the camera except increasing the megapixels, frame rates, and processor models which actually doesn't make much difference. Always remember Camera is only a tool. Its you who uses the tool to take picture and the upgrade has to start with understanding the capabilities of the tool from you yourself. A better model camera doesn't give you better pictures than an older model if you don't know how to take a picture. Don't worry about picture composition much in the beginning. It will come to you naturally once you start clicking pictures. 

Photography is an art that CAN come from any lenses of a phone, dslr or even potatoes Nokia.

Keep it up @Veedooshee your photography art is an awesome and I'm always in love with seeing your photo composition. 

@Thomas VargheseI have D750 nikon but my majority shots are from samsung note and iPhone, sheer due to convenience and these days phone camera are really not that bad from potatoes Nokia and Ericsson age.

Best part is today's phone is so fast that you can capture a moment in 2-3 sec with a phone as oppose to reaching and unziping camera bag and removing lens cover takes 10 secs atleast.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

19 hours ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

I got Nikon D5600. Most probably I might have to go to Abu Dhabi, if so then I will have to drop, will confirm by tomorrow.

@FredericI am dropping myself will join the next drive. 

• Sad (0) 3

37 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@FredericI am dropping myself will join the next drive. 

Sorry to hear that Lakshmi, rest assured many more sessions will follow.

@Gaurav i have added you to the session.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use