•  

Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Session - 11 May 2021

Frederic

11 hours ago, Gaurav said:

please check the homework and advise if I'm missing something.

Well done, @Gaurav

• Thanks (+1) 1

Some last pointers:

Please don't forget to bring along your camera gear with tripod. I would also like to ask you to bring your offroad gears and radio and tune in to Channel 1: 446.00625 Mhz as soon as you arrive at the meeting point. It might be that we do not have to deflate as i am checking for an easy entry point.

@Niki @Nivin @Veedooshee @Darren Brooke @Brette @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Gaurav @JeromeFJ @Yousef Alimadadi @Ranjan Das@Mikhail Lukichev

See you guys and gals tonight 7PM sharp !

• Like (+1) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks @Mikhail Lukichev@Fredericfor organising this session and sharing some key tips with all of us. This was my first shot at using the camera in manual mode after having it for almost 10 years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks everybody! You all did really great! Hope that some people liked night photography and will enjoy it in the wild on their own. There are lot of places for such meditation in the UAE.

Meanwhile, I just want to show you my snaps and comparison of RAW and edited photos. As I mentioned, taking the photo is only half of the process. The second half is editing. 

I swear, I have not drawn the stars 😃Comparison.jpg.30548be1dabc64a628ce3c7b926579aa.jpg

DSC_3959.jpg.b659bf68bf902bb3960f53e526971af5.jpg

Comparison2.jpg.08b0ff005bd6d4baeb99e828057845a6.jpg

DSC_3963.jpg.381800d92e962add9875cb4593e1b8d4.jpg

DSC_3965.jpg.3c6dc7a3ce41a7b0e6e2e8273389598f.jpg

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Mikhail Lukichev and @Frederic for this super informative and educating session for astro photography.

Thanks for sparing your time to share the knowledge and work arounds with everyone. 

I can't wait to shoot more as I'm getting used to of using my camera in M mode - after 10 years same like Brette.

Next stop........Moon shot......?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My best 3 clicks are in gallery.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/747-lens-lovers-photography-meet-dubai-11-may-2021

Appreciate if everyone can upload pics and add details of exposure, iso and F-speed to help understand astrophotography more.

• Like (+1) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

"Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious."

Stephen Hawking.

A massive thanks to ALL for joining us, and for the great company ! 

Thanks to @Mikhail Lukichev for the great support and teaching us the most important things so we could get confident in pushing the right buttons :) 

Thanks to @Gauravfor creating the gallery and sweeping the convoy 🤗

Thanks to @Niki for proposing the session at the exact right timing, and for being the funniest guy on the sabkha 😆

A small tip: after this session, try to do another small practice from your garden or terrace to try similar settings in a couple of  days. It will help you to remember the settings we tried (they are also mentioned in the topic here). Don't be afraid of the manual mode, just play with ISO, Exposure, and Shutter speed settings, and learn how these are all interconnected in obtaining the perfect shot.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use