•  

COVID19 compliant - Absolute Newbie Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 30 Apr 2021

Chaitanya D

21 minutes ago, Juan Carlos Elizalde Reyes said:

Hi @Chaitanya D

Im driving a Jeep Liberty with front and back recovery points in good condition.

I tried a few weeks back the Absolute Newbie drive but was not able to complete it due to a tire puncture. Bad Luck.

Tires are ready now for this weekend, looking forward to join the drive and complete it this time.

@Juan Carlos Elizalde Reyes Noted with thanks, please ensure you have a proper spare tire (just in case). 

As per our previous feedback from the other marshals - please ensure your car is checked properly for any mechanical issues . We are pushing our cars driving on sand and hence it is always better to keep them well maintained with all fluids topped up.

All our drives come with a disclaimer that as much as possible we try to get you out if there is an issue in the middle of the desert, but if it is beyond our abilities (as we are not certified mechanics) then we will be advising you to arrange your recovery .For sure you will not be left behind, but for your car😜

See you on Friday

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SP kALATH said:

Self Declaration on Previous Experience

I have done about 69 drives and currently in Fewbie + level.

List of my past drives with date and location is attached.

TnqDrive Count.pdf

Noted with thanks,  that's a lot of drives.  Well done .

More information to you in this link below. You can apply for your promotion to FB after you finish this mandatory Absolute NB drive with Carnity. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Noted with thanks @Alfred Alinazar. Please read and click totally agree on COVID precautions in the link below. This is mandatory requirement

Still awaiting response from 

@SP kALATH

and @Juan Carlos Elizalde Reyes

Done

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Chaitanya D:
As per the covid protocol, it seems that I need to have a radio to join this trip.

However, I'm not sure I don't have a radio yet. Any recommendation where I can buy the compatible radio?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alfred Alinazar said:

@Chaitanya D:
As per the covid protocol, it seems that I need to have a radio to join this trip.

However, I'm not sure I don't have a radio yet. Any recommendation where I can buy the compatible radio?

Hi 

Yes advisable to het your own radios to be Covid safe.

You will get them at Dragon mart, or online at edragon mart. Baofeng UV-5R is good which should cost around 70 AED depending on your negotiating skills.

In any case of you are unable to arrange or get one by friday, we will be providing the radio - but this is strictly limited to only the absolute newbie drive.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Friends

Please note the positions for tomorrows drive

1. Chaitanya  Black Xterra 

2. 2nd lead @Gaurav Silver Pajero

3. @Juan Carlos Elizalde Reyes Jeep Liberty

4. @Alfred Alinazar Pajero

5. @SP kALATH Prado

6. @Jeepie Green TJ Wrangler Sweep

Thank you for agreeing on the COVID precautions.

Please bring along the off road gears you have if any like - Shovel, Radio, Off road Flag, Deflator and Compressor.

Myself , @Gaurav and @Jeepie are the seniors on this drive to take care if there are any issues. Since we have 3 cars only it is almost a one on one session for you all lucky ones😊. We will be checking the tow points and some other basic stuff on your cars before hitting the sands.

Ensure you come to the start point with a Fuel tank as full as possible. The nearest Gas station is at Al Qudra parking .Please follow the directions as mentioned in this thread to come to the meeting point. Kindly note that there is sand before and after the perpendicular dirt track from the tarmac at the meeting point shared. Drive along this dirt track to come to the meeting point. I will be parking my car ( Black Xterra)  with hazard lights on along the tarmac for your reference, please drive ahead and take a right in front of my car. 

I will be briefing you all on the basics of desert driving, and then we will assist you all in a COVID safe manner for deflation.

We will be using Carnity Channel 1 for Radio Communications (446.006.25).

See you tomorrow sharp 6 am

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Perfect absolute newbie drive turned out to be  a master class, great opportunity for you guys to have a start with such drive. All the best friends and welcome you to carnity!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Trip report:

Cool weather with some rain was a perfect setting for your Absolute Newbie drive dear friends @Juan Carlos Elizalde Reyes, @Alfred Alinazar and @SP kALATH.

20210430_080834.jpg

IMG_6941_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

We had a longer briefing after making sure all your recovery points checked,  deflated and off we go. We drove lost of the part considering harder sand and a short convoy.  We could make it to Richies bar and venture further into some tight dunes , when we had q stuck with @Juan Carlos Elizalde Reyeswho was recovered with some blip blip maneuvering and a tug by @Jeepie.Nice to see how you managed to do a manual crawl and a front and back pendulum movement to compact sand and come out of a soft patch under the able guidance of Carnity legend @Gaurav

@Juan Carlos Elizalde Reyes good to see you complete your absolute newbie drive after few attempts. Great to see you have rectified all the issues with your car . Well done

IMG_6982_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

@Alfred Alinazar managed his Pajero well. You will get tons of information on the Pajero forum on Carnity related to your car ( ABS Kill, Transmission cooler, skid plates etc). 

IMG_6964_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

@SP kALATH had some good experience before joining this mandatory drive for new members to the club. Very impressive how you have prepped your Prado and how well you drove. Good to know you have done the self declaration , and you will hear from us soon

IMG_6965_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

It was my first Absolute newbie drive with Carnity and was indeed a great experience. Spending more time checking cars , advising members at the start and making sure all was well at the start was quite a good learning. @Gaurav as my second lead corrected all my mistakes and you all were following his tracks as the defacto lead. Thank you for this and all the guidance along through the journey with this club. @Jeepies reassuring presence with great experience at the back even though with a short convoy was great and since thanks for supporting this drive.

Some stats from the drive

Screenshot_20210430-114738_Gaia GPS.jpg

Please join the Whatsapp notification with Carnity to get regular updates on the drives planned

Please have the mandatory gears required - Shovel, programmed Radio, Deflator, Compressor and a safety flag to join for the next drives.

See you all soon, and best wishes for your journey further with Carnity!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use