•  

COVID19 compliant - Saturday Afternoon Intermediate Desert drive - Faqa Loop 'The Less Travelled Side of Faqa - Dubai - 01 May 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

1 hour ago, Francois Germishuys said:

Hi, still a spot open to accommodate me? 🙏🏻

Unfortunately not @Francois Germishuys. Let's see what happens when I post the convoy. I'll keep you updates 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Good evening fellow adventurers! This is your Marshall speaking 😎😝🤣

Y'all ready for this? I certainly am! 

It's a big convoy, so lets see how the behemoths cope at the back bwahahahaha! 😈 I jest, you guys rock! We have plenty of support with us too.

As usual all I ask is that you bring your A game, and of course a good sense of humour .

My proposed convoy is as follows:

Driver

Car

Level

Position

@Foxtrot Oscar

Black X

Marshall

Lead

@Jeepie

Green Jeep

Expert

2nd Lead

@Arman

Silver Jeep

IM

3rd

@Goutam

Yellow Jeep

IM

4th

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe

White Jeep

IM

5th

@Mario Cornejo

Patrol SWB

IM

6th

@Thomas Varghese

White X

IM

7th

@Yousef Alimadadi

White Pajero

Adv

CF

@Jon M

Montero

IM

9th

@GauravSoni

Pajero

IM

10th

@Jack Thomas

F150

IM

11th

@Watteau

F150

IM

12th

@Shehab Alawadhi

F150

IM

13th

@Islam Soliman

Yukon

Adv

Sweep

We meet at 3pm and  shall be using radio channel 2 (two) frequency 446.031-25

YALLA!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Jon M said:

Sounds great @Foxtrot Oscar 

I’ll be test driving a white Wrangler 3 door Sahara today, just thought I’d let you know in case that changes the order. See you later  

ooooo Okay. Have you driven it in the sand before? Might bumo you up a bit 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

ooooo Okay. Have you driven it in the sand before? Might bumo you up a bit 

No I haven’t driven it in the sand - surely better than the mighty Montero?

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the great drive @Foxtrot Oscar really love Al Faqa area all my passengers enjoyed the drive. 

Thank you to everyone that supported @Jeepie @Islam Soliman @Yousef Alimadadi great job helping out and making sure we had the most fun!

@Islam Soliman hope me messing around in the back didn't bother you too much, I may have been enjoying myself too much, was trying to get good footage for the go pro (which I will upload soon or ill make a dropbox or something) 

Overall had so much fun!

See you all soon Inshallah

P.S

Yes kinda late for an after drive report 🤣

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

15 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive report 

We started off as expected and tackled some small dunes before heading into larger long range dunes with long corridors . The recent rains meant the usually pristine sands had little ‘land mines’ all over them in the shape of shrubs and bushes . I carefully picked a path to avoid as much bumps as possible, the effect of a small shrub at high speed can be quite damaging so with that in mind we traversed the dunes making our way to the sabka. We had some minor stucks and refusals along the way . 

When we reached the Sabka there was an audible gasp as the convoy laid eyes on the high ridges , beckoning us forward . This is where the fun really began! With the clarion call of “Yalla” we thrashed the dunes . We travelled further into the less travelled side and as we did so the dunes became higher and the ridges sharper! “Go fast or Go Home” was the instruction and the convoy didn’t disappoint . We continued at pace, avoid the land mines in our path, getting atop of those razor sharp ridges.

In amongst the glorious long ridges is a fabulous swirling bowl, I had marked it and was desperately seeking it when finally I spotted the location and the convoy whipped around it , not once , not twice , but thrice ! It’s so much fun!  Yes we had some stucks, cars are liable to get crested when we have so many ridges , and the odd refusal as the sand churned up. But it was nothing that you wouldn’t expect and no one driver had more than another. It is also expected at IM level that you choose a cleaner path, you don't need to follow the tracks as you would at less experienced levels, perhaps some of you chose the wrong path :P

@Armanthat gorgeous silver wrangler keeps you trucking along and you had a very good drive
@GoutamIt was nice to see you again after such a long time, I think you only had one minor refusal. Good driving 
@Jorge Stepniak Felippe You had the roof down and the whole family with you and still managed a flawless drive. Well done! I hope the family enjoyed your driving.
@Mario CornejoThe last time I drove with you was back at fewbie level, it's great to see the progress you have made and a flawless drive from you. Well done. 
@Thomas VargheseJust the one stuck I think and a couple of refusals Thomas, nice driving, I would ask when next you find yourself having a refusal that you step out and assess the situation. You know better than most what your car is capable of and how it is reacting. At IM level it is expected.
@Jon MYou had a good drive, there was one moment I had my heart in my mouth as you slightly oversteered. Perhaps the difference from the dinky SWB Jeep by comparison to the Montero? Otherwise, good drive, 
@GauravSoniAnother very accomplished drive from you , almost flawless , just that one refusal in the churned sand. Well done.
@Jack ThomasNice driving Jack and a lovely stuck ;) haha aside from that no major issues from you. Well done.
@WatteauNice to see you and your better half again, flawless drive and perfect winch man. Well done.
@Shehab AlawadhiHave you bought that lady of yours a Jeep yet? YALLA! haha. Well driven , I don't recall you having any issues .

Thank you to my support team of @Jeepiererouting perfectly, great to have such experience behind me. @Yousef Alimadadihandling the recoveries and stepping in when needed and @Islam Solimanfor sweeping up everything at the back.

Until our next adventure :) 

So wish I was there...somehow Faqa and i have never gotten along .. everytime planned for it, either was forever waitlisted like this time or some other reasons ..Not going to give up ..😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use