•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Suwaydan - Sharjah - 01 May 2021

Janarthan

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions 2.0

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: Ban Post

TWO WAY RADIO GUIDELINES

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

SUGGESTED READING: Carnity Two Way Radio Frequencies

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and Above (All Levels)

When:  01 May 2021, Saturday.

Meeting time: 05:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Suwaydan - https://goo.gl/maps/uBfy8jEAWHuV1XE88

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

End Point: Fossil Rock

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

Edited by Janarthan

Hey unfortunately I have to duck out of tomorrow's drive. Juggling Ramadan and off roading is too ambitious 😕 have a blast on the sand and look forward to the trip report, have a great day guys. 

11 hours ago, imranaasghar81 said:

Hey unfortunately I have to duck out of tomorrow's drive. Juggling Ramadan and off roading is too ambitious 😕 have a blast on the sand and look forward to the trip report, have a great day guys. 

Oh completely understood, will be missing you buddy. Take care

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hello All,

Below convoy list for tomo drive and we will be using channel 1 for our communication 

Janarthan - Lead

@Veedooshee- SL

@Joe Biju Joseph 3rd

@Shaaz Sha 4th

@varunmehndiratta 5th

@Javier Lucero6th 

@amir amiri7th

@Dodi Syahdar8th

@Tbone- SW

Cheers,

See you all soon in the sand.

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Janarthan said:

Hello All,

Below convoy list for tomo drive and we will be using channel 1 for our communication 

Janarthan - Lead

@Veedooshee- SL

@Joe Biju Joseph 3rd

@Shaaz Sha 4th

@varunmehndiratta 5th

@Javier Lucero6th 

@amir amiri7th

@Dodi Syahdar8th

@Tbone- SW

Cheers,

See you all soon in the sand.

Nice ride all. Had a good time. Learned something new, as always. @Janarthanand @Tbone, well done on leading. Always enjoy being in convoys with you fellas. Also always appreciate you showing me the ropes. @Veedooshee Great job correcting the path. Made things smooth. Overall, I’m a fan of exploration drives. Made the drive feel like it was a bit of everything. Like two different drives. Very cool. Cheers all. I’ll catch you on the next one 🍻 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Janarthan@Tbone for a wonderful drive through the diverse terrain and two very diff leading styles...

Every hour we had a new element in the drive. Starting with @Janarthan back breaking bumpy exploration  to @Tbone changing the gears with fast paced side sloping and steep ascents at the end.

Overall an immersive learning experience in adjusting to fast changing terrain. 

@Veedooshee and @Shaaz Sha you really made it easy for me to follow through the drive. Thanks for the same. @Javier Lucero i hope the LWB didn't create too many challanges for you on its way..

Thanks all for lovely morning. Hope to catch up with you all soon..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hi buddies, thanks everyone for a super day offroading. Today we had a combo pack where the drive pace and the diversity of the terrains were different throughout the drive. We had superb treats while exploration sort of drive from @Janarthan where we had to manuver through bushy areas and some technical patches . We had a strong and capable convoy ready to take up any challenges and with ease we made it to the other side of the road and from there to area 53. After almost 30 min of drive in area 53 it was @Tbone in the lead with more pace and many more ridge rides and criss crossings. I believe We all had the maximum out of today's drive. Thank you @Veedoosheefor the second lead, you were too good and made it easy for me. Wrangler boys @varunmehndirattaand @Javier Lucerohad no issues at all in managing the terrain and the full size trucks @Dodi Syahdarand @amir amiridid very well coz they had to make it through churned up and very soft sand. We had very few refusals and  stucks, but dealt with it very fast and we made to the exit 15 min before the mentioned time. Really cool 👏👏👏👍 thank you guys and see you soon. Some pics in the gallery..😊

IMG_20210501_071929~2.jpg

IMG_20210501_071808~2.jpg

IMG_20210501_071724~2.jpg

IMG_20210501_071615~2.jpg

IMG_20210501_071552~2.jpg

Edited by Shaaz Sha
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

A Saturday drive as you would wish for😉

The first drive at 5:30, sun was up already, enjoyable temperature to start this drive. Once at the entry point, I realized I have never been at this specific location and was delighted to know that we gonna get to do some exploration along with our lead @Janarthan and our support @Tbone.

So there we started with our short but great convoy indeed with some exploration like roughly an hour. But then it turned out to be quite bumpy due to the bushes around, but really quite nice and slightly technical path once you made it on the higher part of the dunes.

So @Janarthan decided to take us to the Area53 for some intermediate fun. And there we go we had plenty of fun as Jana lead us through that area. Really well done to him for taking us to most of the ridges that were not crushed the days before🤨.

We all definitely had great fun, as we had some exploration time, fun times at @Area53, and undoubtedly great section lead by @Tboneas well. We also managed to drive most of the time and Jana did mention that we covered around 60km (  @Janarthan please correct it if its wrong🙂) which was also nice.

Kudos to the team we had on the drive. Thank you everybody...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use