•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 29 Apr 2021

Wrangeld

Boy, we've been popular in recent hours. Here's our new convoy.

image.png.86149c9113a62f4d8e9d8a2758f4cda5.png

This should be a fun drive, and with so much experience on show, I have high expectations. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Wrangeld said:

Boy, we've been popular in recent hours. Here's our new convoy.

image.png.86149c9113a62f4d8e9d8a2758f4cda5.png

This should be a fun drive, and with so much experience on show, I have high expectations. 

Just for clarifying @Wrangeld  am a fewbie too. 😊

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Nithin Vaidir said:

Just for clarifying @Wrangeld  am a fewbie too. 😊

noted. I shall, therefore, have even higher expectations. 

• Like (+1) 3

Hello guys.. it was a pleasure to be a part of this convoy and thank to @Wrangeld for this memorable treat. It was amazing to be in the desert at night , drizzling.,..wow🥰🥰. Thank you Richard. It was really great to be with buddies @Gaurav Soni, @Thomas Varghese, @Islam Soliman, @M.Seidam, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @Ehab and @Shehab Alawadhi 👏👏👏. @bony raphidid very well with ur wrangler and @Nithin Vaidir..cool bro. Did amazing handling your cruiser. @Fabiano Morais had few refusals initially due to high tire pressure but did really good after deflating, did few self recoveries 👏👍👍 but it was unfortunate to exit early. Hope ur car is fine now buddy. Thank you @Islam Solimanfor a very well executed sweep, your experience was vital in the recoveries. Thanks to @M.Seidam for being in middle and taking the convoy safely from the middle and thanks @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ for the second lead. See you guys and take care 👍.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

My first desert night drive

What an amazing “desert night drive” , it never felt like my first one. Starting from the mosque of murqab ending to my favourite end point in Last exit was a real treat for me and my little copilot along ☺️ 

The combination of IM and FB has turned this drive officially to a fewbie level drive , as our lead said, which added to the “ night spice “ and in a time the drizzling rain reflected gave the impression as if we were chasing the sky stars ! 

we faced few refusals Nicely self recovered and two crests both called for our ropes and yet one pop out which was managed in no time. And just before our exit one stuck in a tight pocket that was brilliantly and smoothly managed. in between we drove and sloped , we paused to enjoy the silence ( COVID precautions preserved ) and drove in and out as one team one convoy one spirit in the dark which was split by our bright lights! 

my son eventually slept just before the end and on his behalf I said thank you for all of you from lead to sweep for this amazing treat under the cloudy sky in the middle of night. 

Thank you Richard @Wrangeld for another brilliant lead and definitely the night drive is one of them🙏
@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ for your true second lead and re rout when in need. And @Islam Soliman for your effective sweep and tips during pop out😉

@Gaurav Soni @Nithin Vaidir @Thomas Varghese @Shehab Alawadhi @Shaz Shah @Ehab @Fabiano Morais @bony raphi 

All of you did more than great thanks for the accompany and wish you beautiful week ahead 

stay tuned for another night drive 😉

cheers 🌷

Mohamed

P.S : few pict in gallery 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Post Drive Report

I am not sure there is a lot to add to the fantastic reports submitted already by @Shaaz Sha and @M.Seidam. You've pretty much said it all. 

Leading a night drive is completely different experience than the day, and making it sufficiently entertaining for an ALL LEVELS drive (which this became) is a challenge. That would have not been possible without the amazing support of @Islam Soliman and @M.Seidam , whi have managed every recovery and the limited number of stucks with calm authority and efficiency that I barely had to get out of my seat. 

I had planned the change in the convoy before the drive, and somehow did not upload it before leaving. The importance of a good second lead on a night drive is really critical. Having @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ there to re route or stop in time was wonderful, and while the same cannot be said of myself (!), he never put a wheel wrong. 

He was patient in the moments i needed to self recover - I think that @Gaurav Soni really enjoyed watching one of my self recoveries (while listening to the offers from others to come to my rescue) - and really made sure that he kept up with my at all times. 

To be the only newbie on this drive can not have been easy. @Fabiano Morais probably felt a bit guilty about having to recover more than most: but that's the point. Newbie is the time when you learn these skills and with the amazing level of experienced support on the drive, you handled things really well and by the end, were doing well about newbie level without assistance. It's a shame that the car started to tire earlier. 

It's been some time since @bony raphi had been seen on a drive, so welcome back. Once you get the rust out of the wrangler, I think that you'll be back to your old tricks and more. 

What else to remark? @Thomas Varghese risking life, limb and rainy weather conditions to perfectly recover @Shehab Alawadhi (who once again provided a ridge flattening service for those behind him). As we said, intermediate level s not just about being able to self recover your car, it's also about giving the assistance to others when needed.  

@Ehab and @Nithin Vaidirour fewbies handled all well and especially in the second section of the drive back into Last Exit - where we did increase the level a little because we could. 

All in all, a great journey. The last 400 meters - if nothing else, a great teamwork recover with @Islam Soliman for that which was really the theme of the evening. The team work was great.  Because of the timing it seems everyone was chilling out the more we drove. And ...  my bumper needed replacing anyhow!

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Few clips from the amazing night drive ☺️

https://youtube.com/shorts/tPGjo7Ni3c0?feature=share

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use