•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 29 Apr 2021

Wrangeld

Thanks @Wrangeld for trusting me with the role of a 2nd Lead, been quite a while since I was last appointed that role. 
The drive itself was amazing with quite a bit of technical stuff, testing our concentration and our ability to keep our selves on the track. Honestly I can’t really  comment on the driving styles of the fellow drivers behind me as I was too busy keeping an eye on @Wrangeld 😂, you really are a tough one to keep up to 😂.

@Islam Soliman and @M.Seidam Did a marvelous job attending to all the recoveries and helping other drivers out of sticky situations. Hence allowing us to keep moving without much trouble. Thanks alot.

• Like (+1) 6

Thank you @Wrangeldfor another amazing trip, looking forward driving with you again.

Great second lead  @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ and well done @Islam Soliman @M.Seidam in handling the recoveries.

@Thomas Varghese Thanks for your observations and the recommendations.

@bony raphi @Fabiano Morais  @Shaaz Sha @Nithin Vaidir 

@Gaurav Soni

Here is the best 1 minute:

Here is the best 4 minutes:

The complete recording:

And last but not least, all refusals and recoveries:

@Wrangeldsorry for your bumper, it was a nasty and completely unexpected pocket.

7456C306-CF0D-4818-A4B8-BC16AEB81A0E.jpeg

Some nice images are also uploaded to the gallery, enjoy.

Edited by Ehab
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Quick update: With massive thanks to @Nivin I have a new bumper and grille installed in the vehicle already, so ready for the next drives. 

Planning is to get the additional light bar fitted that will show the sand directly in front of the car some time this week! 

Thanks for all the support in getting the car out of the ditch!

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Quick update: With massive thanks to @Nivin I have a new bumper and grille installed in the vehicle already, so ready for the next drives. 

Planning is to get the additional light bar fitted that will show the sand directly in front of the car some time this week! 

Thanks for all the support in getting the car out of the ditch!

Good you fixed your car quickly and ready to be back on Sands!!! Great inspiration!!! See you soon!!!

• Like (+1) 6

On 5/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, Wrangeld said:

Post Drive Report

I am not sure there is a lot to add to the fantastic reports submitted already by @Shaaz Sha and @M.Seidam. You've pretty much said it all. 

Leading a night drive is completely different experience than the day, and making it sufficiently entertaining for an ALL LEVELS drive (which this became) is a challenge. That would have not been possible without the amazing support of @Islam Soliman and @M.Seidam , whi have managed every recovery and the limited number of stucks with calm authority and efficiency that I barely had to get out of my seat. 

I had planned the change in the convoy before the drive, and somehow did not upload it before leaving. The importance of a good second lead on a night drive is really critical. Having @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ there to re route or stop in time was wonderful, and while the same cannot be said of myself (!), he never put a wheel wrong. 

He was patient in the moments i needed to self recover - I think that @Gaurav Soni really enjoyed watching one of my self recoveries (while listening to the offers from others to come to my rescue) - and really made sure that he kept up with my at all times. 

To be the only newbie on this drive can not have been easy. @Fabiano Morais probably felt a bit guilty about having to recover more than most: but that's the point. Newbie is the time when you learn these skills and with the amazing level of experienced support on the drive, you handled things really well and by the end, were doing well about newbie level without assistance. It's a shame that the car started to tire earlier. 

It's been some time since @bony raphi had been seen on a drive, so welcome back. Once you get the rust out of the wrangler, I think that you'll be back to your old tricks and more. 

What else to remark? @Thomas Varghese risking life, limb and rainy weather conditions to perfectly recover @Shehab Alawadhi (who once again provided a ridge flattening service for those behind him). As we said, intermediate level s not just about being able to self recover your car, it's also about giving the assistance to others when needed.  

@Ehab and @Nithin Vaidirour fewbies handled all well and especially in the second section of the drive back into Last Exit - where we did increase the level a little because we could. 

All in all, a great journey. The last 400 meters - if nothing else, a great teamwork recover with @Islam Soliman for that which was really the theme of the evening. The team work was great.  Because of the timing it seems everyone was chilling out the more we drove. And ...  my bumper needed replacing anyhow!

See you soon in the sand. 

Thanks @Wrangeldfor an awesome drive! It felt really nice to feel the rain in the middle of the desert... and it was indeed a pleasure to watch you self recover the “rabbit with the spot light”.... 
It was very relaxed and peaceful drive! I really enjoyed the night excursion with some good learning. 
thanks @Islam Soliman @M.Seidam @Shaaz Sha  For keeping the convoy together and @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ for leading the way during the times we needed the most! 
@Shehab Alawadhi your stories will haunt my drives near Masafi forever!!!! And so would@Thomas Varghese office ones!

well driven by everyone!

see you all very soon!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Kinda late for an after drive report 🤣 but here goes nothing!

Thank you @Wrangeld for the amazing night drive and thank you for sticking me in the back, helped me get used to reading the sand and finding other ways to traverse dunes in the dark, overall I think my dune reading skills have been improving and I hope @Islam Soliman can confirm that! 

Massive thanks to our second lead @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ our CF @M.Seidam and our sweep @Islam Soliman for either showing us a better path, helping during stucks/ refusals and for not leaving us behind in the dark and rain!

Great job everyone! 

See you soon Inshallah!

P.S 

@Gaurav Soni MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA I have more ghost stories if you'd like to hear them :evil:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use