•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer - Sharjah - 30 Apr 2021

Tamas Hoffmann

It is an absolute privilege to have the possibility to join a club like this and participate in drives like the one we had this morning, the area was breathe taking and the track super funny. And what to say about@Tamas Hoffmannand @Bretteand @Hisham Masaad, you guys saved my life this morning, you are the best team someone can have in a situation like the one I have lived today. After 2 pop-outs caused by a damaged valve fixed in impressive record time, and the final failure of my clutch with your support simply out of the range to get out of there, I can say very loud we are in the best hands, we are having fun like children but always safe surrounded and covered by the best professionals and, which is even better, the best people. Thank you!!!! See you on the dunes !!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear @luis mantecon, this is the minimum can be done in these cases, at least from humanitarian point of view, to help and give a hand to whom he require. However, being part of @Carnity (if I may speak on behave of @Carnity) , safety of members is top priority and most important. @Tamas Hoffmann and @Brette thank you very much for the drive and for allowing me to be the sweep and be part of the recovery team 👏👏👏

Just now, Hisham Masaad said:

Dear @luis mantecon, this is the minimum can be done in these cases, at least from humanitarian point of view, to help and give a hand to whom he require. However, being part of @Carnity (if I may speak on behave of @Carnity) , safety of members is top priority and most important. @Tamas Hoffmann and @Brette thank you very much for the drive and for allowing me to be the sweep and be part of the recovery team 👏👏👏

Apologies, forgot to thank all members joined the driver today, every one done a good job. 👍👍👍

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Trip reports from today's morning drive 

First of all I'd like to thank all of you who attended my first lead in the desert 

Special thanks to @JeromeFJfor doing a fantastic  job as 2nd lead

@Brettefor being my marshal support and all the assistance on my first lead and @Hisham Masaadfor doing a great job as a sweep and thank you for your electric jack 😁

We had lots of happening on today's drive 

Refusals, stucks, few pop outs and a broken clutch at the end of drive but we managed to recover from most of them pretty quickly thanks to the team effort who participated 

@Nathan Evansyou did a great job with your Jimny

@Sinolalso great job especially doing self recovery

@luis manteconthank you for signing up last minute you were a bit unlucky on today's drive but you learnt now how to handle pop outs and also that you can drive out from the desert even with using only 2nd gear so we'll done for that 

@Chris Wing

@danebowers

@Thomas Fumarolaall 3 of you did this drive with ease and well done for that 

@Humayun Ghiasyou learn today about recoveries and hopefully you'll be able to use the knowledge in the future otherwise good job navigating with that big beast through the desert 

@Rawad Bahsasgood job with your Patrol 

Today's drive statistics 

We drove a total 45.53 km in 4 h 41 min which includes the recovery of the jeep which isn't bad considering the terrain we drove on 

Thank you so much one more time for all of you to join on my first lead and hope to see you on another drive 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Tamas Hoffmannit was a pleasure joining your convoy. Learned a lot on this drive as well. I got crested once and had a few refusals as well. Help from @Bretteand @Hisham Masaadenabled me to recover and get on with the drive. Thank you so much for your patience and feedback!

Thank you to the rest of the convoy as well! 

DSC_1402_1.JPG

DSC_1401_1.JPG

DSC_1395_1.JPG

DSC_1393_1.JPG

DSC_1391_1.JPG

DSC_1389_1.JPG

DSC_1386_2.JPG

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you @Tamas Hoffmann for this drive ! Being in the front, I could see the challenges of taking a long convoy through this area of tricky bowls and soft sand patches. Good opportunities for us to continue learning handling our car in different situations. 

Thanks @Brette and @Hisham Masaad for the support, always present when needed, and occasions where many !

@luis mantecon, I hope you can fix your car without too many hassles and rapidly join another drive.

20210430_182925.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Hi guys!! Thanks a lot for asking @Chris Wingand @Hisham Masaad!! The car is better than ever, the cylinders of the clutch fixed and, as I had planned, changed rims and tires with fantastic quick deflection Apex valves like yours Hisham 😉

DF9B722D-75D6-417D-BD7C-94F1FDA2F567.jpeg

8FBA7731-EE7F-4B86-8B42-EA7353767AD8.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

I moved to the drive in the afternoon, I realized I couldn’t attend the one in the morning. By the way, as you both have BFGoodrich, also advise from other members is most than welcome, at which pressure do you drive in the desert? So far I used to drive at 10psi and I hadn’t had any problem until last week, and I am sure it was due to the valve was damaged ( both pop-ups were in the same wheel and @Bretterealized the valve has a small cut ). Do you drive at 10, 11 or 12? Mines are 285/70 R17. 
Thanks a lot !! 

12 minutes ago, luis mantecon said:

Hi guys!! Thanks a lot for asking @Chris Wingand @Hisham Masaad!! The car is better than ever, the cylinders of the clutch fixed and, as I had planned, changed rims and tires with fantastic quick deflection Apex valves like yours Hisham 😉

DF9B722D-75D6-417D-BD7C-94F1FDA2F567.jpeg

8FBA7731-EE7F-4B86-8B42-EA7353767AD8.jpeg

Congratulations @luis mantecon for all new things. The valves are really good👍👍👍

6 minutes ago, luis mantecon said:

I moved to the drive in the afternoon, I realized I couldn’t attend the one in the morning. By the way, as you both have BFGoodrich, also advise from other members is most than welcome, at which pressure do you drive in the desert? So far I used to drive at 10psi and I hadn’t had any problem until last week, and I am sure it was due to the valve was damaged ( both pop-ups were in the same wheel and @Bretterealized the valve has a small cut ). Do you drive at 10, 11 or 12? Mines are 285/70 R17. 
Thanks a lot !! 

I usually put them 11psi @luis mantecon and no issues so far

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use