•  
Advertise here

Replacement battery recommendation

4 minutes ago, andy_macdxb said:

Needing to replace battery. Is there a Mitz recommendation or does anything go? Model 2008 GLS. Thanks 👍 

Get an Amaron battery. They are to my opinion the ones that last the longest. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic, how long does the Amaron usually lasts?

I used to buy the Varta (Blue color) directly from the distributor, on the Altima used to last 2 years and half.

On the Mercedes I use Varta AGM ( Silver) this lasts around 4 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

@Frederic, how long does the Amaron usually lasts?

I used to buy the Varta (Blue color) directly from the distributor, on the Altima used to last 2 years and half.

On the Mercedes I use Varta AGM ( Silver) this lasts around 4 years. 

I tried a few different cheap brands which all died after 14-15 months right about after warranty period. One of them even after 9 months but was able to get it replaced.

I have heard good things about Energizer too (longer warranty but higher prices). From what i recollect since i started offroading is that this discussion passed by few times and Amaron kept coming out as a winner in price vs quality.

It also depends where the battery is located (inside the boot or in the engine bay). Heat kills them as in my BMW it was installed in the back of the car and lasted 4 years.

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I also tried the Bosch but only lasted 15 months, also got another brand from a gas station and lasted the same.

I only switched to Varta after a couple of years from buying the Mercedes, I was surprised that I only had to change it after 4 years ( it didn't even die, but was getting weak), it is installed in the engine bay as well.

But again we can't compare the AGM batteries to standard ones as they are made to last longer and withstand much more discharge/charge cycles, and obviously the price is higher. Mercedes wanted 1200 AED for the 95 ah battery, but i got it outside for 650 aed.

The Altima was using a smaller size, if not mistaken was 60 Ah, used to pay 230 aed for it, and usually lasts 2-2.5 years.

• Like (+1) 2