•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 07 May 2021

Vanessa8580

I have 2014 model FJ cruiser with lifted shocks, and I did 4 drives earlier in Tawi, Nazwa, would like to join with my family with out any adventure drive, just for fun.Please provide the contact number for tommorow morning, and finally the vehicle is equiped with front and rear towpoints.

• Like (+1) 2

Hi,

Nice to e-meeting you all

My name is Zixuan and you are also welcomed to call me Charlie :D.

This is my first time with Carnity, but I have previous desert driving experience (with friends) and I desire to learn more from the professionals and make friends with same interest.

To answer the questions:

1. Nissan Pathfinder 2010 R51.

2. Previous experience yes, Have been to fossil rock and several deserts near by Hatta Oman road.

3. Yes, equipped with both front and rear tow points, and I do have towing rope with shackles with me

Yes, I have watched the newbie video.

Can't wait for Friday!.

Zixuan

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Zixuan Huang @Charbel Yazbeck @Nitin S @JamesThorn @Luc Khaldoun @Simon Hope @Jamil Abou Assali @Anoop Raj @Lynel Dsouza @Nicholas Cox @Gordon Reid @Kailas @marks @Gaurav

Drive RSVP is closed now 

Please find below the convoy numbering for tomorrow's drive 

Absolute Newbie Drive Al Qudra 07 May 2021
Attendees Level Car   Pos #
Vanessa8580 Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Blue   1
Marks Advance Toyota FJ Cruiser Silver   2
Zixuan Huang Absolute Newbie Nissan Pathfinder 2010 White   3
Charbel Yazbeck Absolute Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2015 Silver   4
Nitin S Absolute Newbie Ford expedition 2018   5
James Thorn Absolute Newbie Lexus LX570 2020 Black   6
Luc Khaldoun Absolute Newbie Nissan Patrol 2020   7
Kailas Expert Jeep Wrangler Red   8
Simon Hope Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler JK SWB 2018 Silver   9
Jamil Abou Assali  Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler 4door 2012 Grey   10
Anoop Raj Absolute Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser 2014   11
Lynel Dsouza Absolute Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser 2017 Black   12
Nicholas Cox  Absolute Newbie Dodge Ram 1500 2018   13
Gordon Reid Absolute Newbie GMC Sierra 4door AT4 Black   14
Gaurav Crew Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Silver   15

We will be using radio channel 1 (44600625). If you have a radio already, please bring it and make sure it is programmed, if you don't, you can use one of our spare radios.

Looking forward to see you all tomorrow morning at 5.30 am.

In case of an emergency, you can contact me on 056 434 1668.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Drive report 

@Zixuan Huang @Charbel Yazbeck @Nitin S @JamesThorn @Luc Khaldoun @Simon Hope @Jamil Abou Assali @Anoop Raj @Lynel Dsouza and @Gordon Reid 

It was a pleasure to meet you all Friday morning. You all did a great job, after all we were able to cover almost 60km and that is a good job for an absolute newbie drive. I hope you all had fun like I had and you are now all ready for the next step.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you all soon again in the sand ....

Also a special thank you for my support team @marks @Kailas and @Gaurav !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use