•  

COVID19 Compliant - Wednesday Morning Short Intermediate Desert Drive - Salute to the Sun from Al Qudra to Lisaili - Dubai - 5 May 2021

10 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Unfortunately I couldn't join all of you for fun as I ended up with a broken radiator metal hose and the horrible pain repairing it. The car is still in workshop waiting for the part. Stucks or pop outs we can solve but this is really painful repairing a mechanical fault like this. 

Sorry to hear the news @Thomas Varghese, hopefully it will be soon sorted out. I know how painful it can be to be grounded while your fellow off-roaders keep going. 

You were missed today, but I'm sure you will be there in the next mid-week drive! 😉

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Sorry to hear the news @Thomas Varghese, hopefully it will be soon sorted out. I know how paintlful it can be to be grounded while your fellow off-roaders keep going. 

You were missed today, but I'm sure you will be there in the next mid-week drive! 😉

I'm at the garage only since day before yesterday night. The metal pipe got fused with the connection in the engine block and was in no mood to budge. Finally we had to use a torch and melt the whole block housing away to release it. Now waiting for the new housing to arrive tonight and get it fixed. Thank God we noticed the small leak in that pipe or it would have grounded me perhaps in the middle of the desert and could have blown out the engine. That leak may have caused the loss in water pressure circulation and made the engine run hotter during stress which I was experiencing since 2 months during drives. 

• WOW (+2) 1

Thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergherfor the amazing drive, had a lot of fun today, it is one of these drives that I didn't want to end.

I consider this stuck as my first real stuck in carnity, in which for the first time I had to keep on steering full left and full right until I got exhausted 😀

In one of my newbie or fewbie drives I recall i got crested while going straight up and straight down, but it was managed in no time. But this one was different and required a lot of shoveling. Thanks everybody for the help.

Honestly, before we started the drive I was a bit worried, Didn't know if I'll be able to cope with a fast pace drive. But turned up not being as bumpy as I thought, so I really enjoyed every bit of it.

Thanks also to @varunmehndirattaand @GauravSoni for the Tips they gave me, it is the first time I drive without taking the exact track taken by the car in front of me. It worked really well.

See you soon guys on sand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you guys, WHAT A DRIVE..👏👏👏👏. @Lorenzo Candelpergher at the lead and a powerful convoy @varunmehndiratta, @Gaurav Soni, @Lawrence_Chehimi, @Dodi Syahdar.. , lots of side slops, very long ridge rides and few refusals and a pop out...😃😃 WOW...it was real fun guys. Thanks to @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Gaurav Soni, @Dodi Syahdar, @varunmehndiratta for ur help in fixing the pop out and winch recovery. See you soon guys. Take care and stay safe.

Edited by Shaaz Sha
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

Thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergherfor the amazing drive, had a lot of fun today, it is one of these drives that I didn't want to end.

I consider this stuck as my first real stuck in carnity, in which for the first time I had to keep on steering full left and full right until I got exhausted 😀

In one of my newbie or fewbie drives I recall i got crested while going straight up and straight down, but it was managed in no time. But this one was different and required a lot of shoveling. Thanks everybody for the help.

Honestly, before we started the drive I was a bit worried, Didn't know if I'll be able to cope with a fast pace drive. But turned up not being as bumpy as I thought, so I really enjoyed every bit of it.

Thanks also to @varunmehndirattaand @GauravSoni for the Tips they gave me, it is the first time I drive without taking the exact track taken by the car in front of me. It worked really well.

See you soon guys on sand.

Tip was specifically for today ...as it was me you were following ...😎😎😎

Key is to chose the right person to follow ..,😀

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

DRIVE REPORT 

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

What a drive today!

Our short convoy hit the sand by 5:55am after the briefing. As we entered the desert, we immediately realized it was going to be a great drive: the rain and the wind of the previous days had reshaped the dunes to a perfectly virgin status with no tracks to be seen anywhere. 

@Lawrence_Chehimi had a taste of the difference between Fewbie and Intermediate drives quite soon, as he got stuck for the 1st time since joining Carnity. I'll take it as a badge of honor for me, as I did with @Mario Cornejo's first stuck two weeks ago.. 😂

As we proceeded along our route we entered a technical area with some nasty pockets, one of which took @Shaaz Sha by surprise, causing a popout, which was quickly fixed after winching his X-Terra out.

We then moved to a wonderful area of very long dunes, where we really enjoyed riding right along the crest for incredibly long distances. Not sure who it was, but someone couldn't refrain from shouting on the radio "That was amazing!". Indeed it was! 

We then had our moment of drama, when @Dodi Syahdar's beast ended stuck sliding down on a slip face with some nasty rocks at the bottom. @Dodi Syahdar was however very calm and precise and he was able to recover from the stuck in no time avoiding the rocks.

As the convoy warmed up, I started to bump the level up consistently, to see the response. We did some seriously challenging stuff and everyone did really great. 

@varunmehndiratta was a very good 2nd lead, careful and responsive to my indications. A couple of re-attempts were required here and there on some of the most ambitious passages for the day, as was also the case for @GauravSoni and @Lawrence_Chehimi, but we didn't have any other major stucks and we could therefore have a central stint of the drive extremely fast paced as we moved north-east, recovering part of the almost 40 mins lost in the beginning of the drive between stucks and pop-out. 

We quickly made it to the Lisaili Mighty Dunes, which never disappoint. We had a good 20 mins time roaming around these complex and high sand formations, which, when you make it to the top, make you feel really accomplished. It was in fact in one of those moments of self-celebration that I was distracted and got my stuck for the day, beautifully crested with a fantastic view.. 😂😂

Once we left the Mighty Dunes, we started moving West, as the clock was ticking and I wanted to keep my commitment to exit not later than 8:45am.

We indulged a bit more on some nice, large and fat ridges which were screaming for our tires to leave some marks, before entering the technical dunes that lead to the pylon track. 

The convoy was a very good one, so we crossed the technical area without any trouble, moving to the west side of the pylon track heading to our exit point at Lisaili Fort, where we reached by 8:48am: hadn't it been for a new fence that forced us to rerout for a little while, we would have been out exactly at the terget exit time. 

Overall we covered 48.8km in 2h 52', of which 2h 15' moving (with an average moving speed of 21.7km/h) and 37' stopped.

I truly had fun and I thank the whole convoy for a beautiful drive: everyone did extremely well, as it was - at some points - quite a tough drive. A special kudos goes to @Lawrence_Chehimi, on his inaugural Intermediate drive: well done! 

See you soon in the sand again!

Thank you  @Lorenzo Candelpergher and all for great lead and support .. the trip was really exciting and pump adrenalin in the morning. The long dune drives really unforgetable experience.. 

4 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

Thank you guys, WHAT A DRIVE..👏👏👏👏. @Lorenzo Candelpergher at the lead and a powerful convoy @varunmehndiratta, @Gaurav Soni, @Lawrence_Chehimi, @Dodi Syahdar.. , lots of side slops, very long ridge rides and few refusals and a pop out...😃😃 WOW...it was real fun guys. Thanks to @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Gaurav Soni, @Dodi Syahdar, @varunmehndiratta for ur help in fixing the pop out and winch recovery. See you soon guys. Take care and stay safe.

@Shaaz Sha thats our responsibility  to help each other.. no neee to thanks.. next time might be my turn ask for help😀, look forward to meet you in other trip.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use