•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie PLUS Desert Drive - Al Aweer to As Far as We Can - Dubai - 4 May 2021

7 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

A quick follow up about tomorrow's PM drive:

• the first objective will be to complete the crossing of the first 2 areas - Al Aweer to Lahbab, and Lahbab to Nazwa (via Mahafiz)
  • the major skill we will practice in these areas will be ridge-riding, in a very controlled situation (not quite in a straight line, but rather steering along curvy ridges)
  • the second objective, if time will allow, will be to extend the drive in the Pink Rock/Big Red area
  • the skills we'll practice here, given that we'll likely reach the area later in the afternoon, will be fast pace and criss-crossing
  • the convoy composition is studied to allow the tutoring of each Fewbie Plus driver by one Intermediate member, the former following the latter, alternating each driver in the convoy; 

The convoy numbering will be the following, with the letter V indicating "veteran" IM drivers, and the letter J indicating the more "junior" FB+ members:

@GauravSoni in SL (V)

@Lakshmi Narasimhan at #3 (J)

@Thomas Varghese in place #4 (V)

@Batuhan Kulac at #5 (J)

@Craig Finlayson, will center the convoy (V)

@Pacific will follow at #7 (J)

@Probir Mukherjee at #8 (V)

@Gok Krish in place #9 (J)

@Ali Abas at #10 (V)

@Ranjan Das will be #11 (J), and 

@Shehab Alawadhisweeping the convoy to safety.

Please reach the meeting point, just at the outskirts of Al Aweer, in time (considering Ramada's traffic at that hour), and start deflating, taking into account the high temperature of the early afternoon. In reaching the meeting point, pay attention to road works, and a detour to reach Al Aweer, which is taking place on E611. The road works, combined with heavy traffic, may cause delays in reaching the location. We'll choose the radio channel on the spot.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Have a great evening.

@Ale Vallecchi please demote me , although I hold IM rank , @ Angela held me back from a IM drive as I have been a away for 3 months , So I will need shepherding, tolerance  and guidance  to get my level back.Please bear with me 😀

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Probir Mukherjee said:

@Ale Vallecchi please demote me , although I hold IM rank , @ Angela held me back from a IM drive as I have been a away for 3 months , So I will need shepherding, tolerance  and guidance  to get my level back.Please bear with me 😀

We have you covered! We will help to the best of our abilities!!

• Like (+1) 2

@Ale Vallecchi looks like I can't join the drive. My radiator metal hose is broken and car is in garage. If it comes out before 2 i will join

• Sad (0) 3

2 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Ale Vallecchi looks like I can't join the drive. My radiator metal hose is broken and car is in garage. If it comes out before 2 i will join

Copy that @Thomas Varghese. Sorry to hear this. Thanks for informing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

So while I was waiting a few rain drops decided to cool down my stay here 😍🌦

P.S

it’s now 2:17 it started drizzling at like 2:15

image.jpg

Edited by Shehab Alawadhi
  • Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

I am struck in unusual traffic in Sharjah might be some accident very slow moving traffic for 20 minutes 😰

Hi @Lakshmi Narasimhan. No worries. Can you provide an ETA? Thanks 

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks @Ale Vallecchifor the wonderful drive very well supported by @Gaurav Soni, @Craig Finlayson, @Shehab Alawadhi. What a day it was, blessed with pleasant weather, heavy downpour,  beautiful rainbow really made the day and the drive enjoyable, pleasant and memorable one. I loved ridge riding very much, started of with little under momentum, but looking at @Ale VallecchiI was able to pick up quickly and learnt a lot. I can feel I am improving after every drive and understand my car better, still long way to go!!! What a team work in recovering, very much satisfied and thanks to entire convoy for the patience and making it a wonderful day. Have a nice week ahead, see you all soon on sands again!!!

933A35DE-661D-40D1-A5B3-8CDF17CEBCB0.jpeg

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
Correction
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use