•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock to Big Red - Sharjah - 7 May 2021

Amazing drive @Islam Soliman. Enjoyed all the way. Looking forward to drive with you again. 

• Like (+1) 5

Quick Drive Debrief:

Thanks   @Frederic @Darren Brooke @Rawad Bahsas @Nithin Vaidir @Hisham Masaad @Chris Wing @JeromeFJ @Mehmet Volga @Adhir Saxena @Sinol @Ranjan Das @Thomas Varghese @Nabil Bishara
for a great drive today.. special thanks to @Frederic @Mehmet Volga and @Nabil Bishara for supporting the drive today and helping with the minor stucks and refusals faced. We were blessed with almost virgin dunes after last week’s strong winds altering the terrain and at the same time boosted the challenge with some unstable dunes and very soft spots..

Warming up from the Nazwa farms till we arrived at big red was flawless with almost no refusals which encouraged me to raise the bar and try to take the convoy up through the big red bowls .. turned out to be a challenge and refusal screams started to come up through the radio one after the other so decided to tune it down and go around big red to the play area after the team dealt with the only pop out of the day on @Chris Wing’s FJ. At BR everyone took turns and enjoyed climbing safely to the top .. I believe this helped boost the convoy’s confidence so on our way to Pink Rock I was encouraged to go through some of the big bowls on our route and everyone did pretty well. Moving to the next challenge through a lite taste of the technical dunes, everyone did well with minor stucks & refusals all of which were quickly sorted out with the great help of @Mehmet Volga@Nabil Bisharaand @Hisham Masaad. Surprisingly by the time we exited to the sabkha the radio was overwhelming screaming for more technical dunes 😂 but it was already past 9:00am!. As the convoy OKed to extend the drive by another 30mins, we made our way as planned to Pink Rock where everyone played to their satisfaction and was happy that some drivers kept trying more than once until they managed to learn more about their cars and get the right technique to make it to the top coming down with a big smile on their face. 

Finally we made our way to 2nd of Dec Caf to inflate at 10:00am.

Hats off to all drivers today, I hope you enjoyed the drive as much as I did.. till we meet 🌿

P.S. don’t keep the drive pictures for yourselves and share 😂😂 specially the beautiful one Abdulghani took for the convoy @Hisham Masaad

Edited by Islam Soliman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 7

We are truly blessed with having another trip lead. @Islam Soliman you bring again another flavor to our members, and it’s a flavor we all love: the route from Tawi Nazwa to BR has lots of existing tracks. To my surprise and delight you took us into areas none of the other marshals have taken so far, and with a perfect pace you gave us time to make our way to Big Red.

From there you scaled it up and created excellent challenges for all and the ability to rev up our engines in order to try to follow that mighty black Yukon of yours. 

As a second lead one of the tasks is to correct the lines where needed, but I hardly had to do that, which says a lot about your drive skills you have built through your numerous drives with us. 

I carried a massive smile all morning from following your throughout the dunes. Many more drives will follow !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

My first Fewbie drive and first drive with @Islam Soliman and definitely not my last (i hope) 

Great to have up front the Tahoe's sister car showing what American 💪 can do (as well as @Rawad BahsasY62 ) and as a result i was confident to push the Tahoe harder and further than i had done previously.  And LOVED it.

Thanks to  @Frederic @Mehmet Volga and @Nabil Bishara for all their support

Finally one more thanks to  @Frederic for the loan of his spare radio half way through when mine died - you are right the charging unit on the Baofeng can be a bit temperamental it appears. Time to get myself a spare 😃

Until next time

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

9 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Quick Drive Debrief:

Thanks   @Frederic @Darren Brooke @Rawad Bahsas @Nithin Vaidir @Hisham Masaad @Chris Wing @JeromeFJ @Mehmet Volga @Adhir Saxena @Sinol @Ranjan Das @Thomas Varghese @Nabil Bishara
for a great drive today.. special thanks to @Frederic @Mehmet Volga and @Nabil Bishara for supporting the drive today and helping with the minor stucks and refusals faced. We were blessed with almost virgin dunes after last week’s strong winds altering the terrain and at the same time boosted the challenge with some unstable dunes and very soft spots..

Warming up from the Nazwa farms till we arrived at big red was flawless with almost no refusals which encouraged me to raise the bar and try to take the convoy up through the big red bowls .. turned out to be a challenge and refusal screams started to come up through the radio one after the other so decided to tune it down and go around big red to the play area after the team dealt with the only pop out of the day on @Chris Wing’s FJ. At BR everyone took turns and enjoyed climbing safely to the top .. I believe this helped boost the convoy’s confidence so on our way to Pink Rock I was encouraged to go through some of the big bowls on our route and everyone did pretty well. Moving to the next challenge through a lite taste of the technical dunes, everyone did well with minor stucks & refusals all of which were quickly sorted out with the great help of @Mehmet Volga@Nabil Bisharaand @Hisham Masaad. Surprisingly by the time we exited to the sabkha the radio was overwhelming screaming for more technical dunes 😂 but it was already past 9:00am!. As the convoy OKed to extend the drive by another 30mins, we made our way as planned to Pink Rock where everyone played to their satisfaction and was happy that some drivers kept trying more than once until they managed to learn more about their cars and get the right technique to make it to the top coming down with a big smile on their face. 

Hats off to all drivers today, I hope you enjoyed the drive as much as I did.. till we meet 🌿

P.S. don’t keep the drive pictures for yourselves and share 😂😂 specially the beautiful one Abdulghani took for the convoy @Hisham Masaad

Thank you @Islam Soliman for leading the drive, was really good. Many thank for @Frederic @Mehmet Volgaand @Nabil Bishara for the support, and thank every one joined the drive. Yes, @Islam Soliman requested Abdelghani to release the pictures, accepted and posted few hours after the drive 😀😀

• Like (+1) 5

Thank you @Islam Solimanfor the exciting day. You gave us a great mixture of challenges in different areas as we went from slopes to climbing, technical, Sabkhas, and eventually the play areas and am sure each one of us went home fulfilled with a big smile

Special thanks to all the seniors @Frederic@Mehmet Volgaand @Nabil Bisharafor all the support

@Darren Brookeyou have a beast man, keep roaring 😉

@Hisham Masaadits always a pleasure seeing you and Abdelghani

See you all soon

Edited by Rawad Bahsas
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

11 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Quick Drive Debrief:

Thanks a lot @Islam Soliman for providing yet another action packed start to the weekend. Lots of learning and fun driving combined. Thank you @Frederic, it was nice seeing and driving with you after Liwa. Thank you for the support. @Nabil Bishara, @Mehmet Volga thanks for all the support 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

40 minutes ago, Rawad Bahsas said:

Thank you @Islam Solimanfor the exciting day. You gave us a great mixture of challenges in different areas as we went from slopes to climbing, technical, Sabkhas, and eventually the play areas and am sure each one of us went home fulfilled with a big smile

Special thanks to all the seniors @Frederic@Mehmet Volgaand @Nabil Bisharafor all the support

@Darren Brookeyou have a beast man, keep roaring 😉

@Hisham Masaadits always a pleasure seeing you and Abdelghani

See you all soon

Thank you @Rawad Bahsas and was glad to see you again. Hope to see you again in your black patrol 😀😀

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use