•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Afternoon Intermediate Desert drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 8 May 2021

Alright so, 

I found out my car is leaking oil so I won’t be able to make this drive sadly, I’ll pull my name out of the RSVP. 

See you all on the next one inshallah 

• Sad (0) 4

Dear fellow adventurers, 

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to withdraw from the drive due to mechanical issues with my own car.

The wonderful news is that @Islam Solimanhas agreed to lead you all through the dunes and @Fredericwill be there to support.

You will be using Radio channel 2 (two)

The proposed convoy is as follows:

@Islam Soliman

Black Yukon

Lead

@Arman

Silver Wrangler

2nd Lead

@Thomas Varghese

White Xterra

3rd

@Goutam

Yellow Wrangler

4th

@GauravSoni

Pajero LWB

5th

@amir amiri

Dodge Ram

6th

@Frederic

Pajero SWB

Sweep

Have an amazing afternoon in this spectacular area, don't have too much fun without me :( hee hee hee 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

It was @Islam Soliman leading and @Frederic 2nd lead yesterday. The drive was fun with more technical challenges than racing across the desert. Today also the recipe will be same or has @Islam Soliman & @Frederic cooked up something more spicy and tangy? Will let you know today evening after the drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

Heads up .. A massive traffic jam on Alain road and the entry to Emirates road was closed for construction .. I may get delayed for 5-10mins 

• Like (+1) 2

Drive Debrief:

Was Madam Om Aldwuais there today protecting her dunes?!

The day started with Angela’s Xterra not feeling well and refusing to go to the desert!  

We agreed that I will take the lead supported by @Frederic who accepted the last minute request for support.. thanks buddy. Given it’s a short convoy with all experienced IM drivers we thought it would be an easy one.. we thought wrong! Madam Om Aldwuais had another opinion !

The minute we touched the sand at the deflation point we felt her presence through strong angry winds blowing the sand into our faces.

We started making our way deeper into the mighty dunes and for sure they looked different ! With almost no scars or visible tracks and 👻 👻 👻 dancing on top of the dunes by her blowing winds.

Obviously she didn’t like us touching her dunes to protect them started to give us all the signs to retreat which we obviously ignored.. some refusals here and there as we climbed higher and enjoyed some 90 mins scaring newly born dunes and bowls with very soft untouched sand.

The higher we climb the angrier she got and louder she screamed until she shot a deadly arrow hitting the heart of the black beast. All of a sudden while I was riding the beast up one of her large bowls the beast cried in pain and her temperature suddenly shot to the roof.. I had to put her to rest and uncover the hood to find her bleeding 🩸🩸🩸🩸massively as the arrow hit a primary vein 😢😢

The team got together and everyone pulled up their sleeves and started first aid to try to keep the beast alive..with great skillful workmanship and few basic tools we managed to stop the bleeding and the beast was again roaring to tell Om Aldwuais: it takes more than an arrow to kill the Black Beast💪💪

We safely made our way to the tarmac and with some extra fluids back home.

Thanks @Arman @Goutam @Thomas Varghese @Gaurav Soni @amir amiri @Frederic for being there and for the great support to recover the beast and get her safely tarmac.. special thanks to @Fredericfor insisting to drive behind me till we got home 🙏. & my apologize we had to abruptly exit, time will come to make it up and concur Al Madam’s dunes together.

Tomorrow I am taking the beast to be treated; hopefully Om Aldwuais’s arrow is not poisoned and the damage is limited to the broken nozzle.

2DE4B837-D26D-4846-AD56-A04DCB7A06DC.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks a lot @Islam Soliman, it was to be a wonderful fun drive, until the unfortunate incident with your car.

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

15 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Drive Debrief:

Was Madam Om Aldwuais there today protecting her dunes?!

The day started with Angela’s Xterra not feeling well and refusing to go to the desert!  

We agreed that I will take the lead supported by @Frederic who accepted the last minute request for support.. thanks buddy. Given it’s a short convoy with all experienced IM drivers we thought it would be an easy one.. we thought wrong! Madam Om Aldwuais had another opinion !

The minute we touched the sand at the deflation point we felt her presence through strong angry winds blowing the sand into our faces.

We started making our way deeper into the mighty dunes and for sure they looked different ! With almost no scars or visible tracks and 👻 👻 👻 dancing on top of the dunes by her blowing winds.

Obviously she didn’t like us touching her dunes to protect them started to give us all the signs to retreat which we obviously ignored.. some refusals here and there as we climbed higher and enjoyed some 90 mins scaring newly born dunes and bowls with very soft untouched sand.

The higher we climb the angrier she got and louder she screamed until she shot a deadly arrow hitting the heart of the black beast. All of a sudden while I was riding the beast up one of her large bowls the beast cried in pain and her temperature suddenly shot to the roof.. I had to put her to rest and uncover the hood to find her bleeding 🩸🩸🩸🩸massively as the arrow hit a primary vein 😢😢

The team got together and everyone pulled up their sleeves and started first aid to try to keep the beast alive..with great skillful workmanship and few basic tools we managed to stop the bleeding and the beast was again roaring to tell Om Aldwuais: it takes more than an arrow to kill the Black Beast💪💪

We safely made our way to the tarmac and with some extra fluids back home.

Thanks @Arman @Goutam @Thomas Varghese @Gaurav Soni @amir amiri @Frederic for being there and for the great support to recover the beast and get her safely tarmac.. special thanks to @Fredericfor insisting to drive behind me till we got home 🙏. & my apologize we had to abruptly exit, time will come to make it up and concur Al Madam’s dunes together.

Tomorrow I am taking the beast to be treated; hopefully Om Aldwuais’s arrow is not poisoned and the damage is limited to the broken nozzle.

2DE4B837-D26D-4846-AD56-A04DCB7A06DC.jpeg

@Islam Soliman having read the first two para, I can see your creative hormone lingering to find every opportunity to spring back in action. 😂
well done to team for “jugaad” ( Indian term for temporary fixes-which sometime end up being permanent). Hope the beast will be back in action leading us on the “desert safari”! 
 Thanks @Frederic for the valuable support and the tricks! 
 Well driven @amir amiri @Arman @Thomas Varghese @Goutam… we had no stuck or refusals which aided the fast exit from the treacherous terrain! 

hope to see you all in sand very soon! 
Ramadan Kareem!

Edited by GauravSoni
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use