•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Afternoon Intermediate Desert drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 8 May 2021

Drive Brief

Mighty dunes, steep climbs, a labyrinth of bowls and a hefty dose of adrenaline. Sharjah's wonderful star dunes  have it all

We shall start at Area 53 and then make our way tackling each high dune in our path. The dunes will be scarred from the constant flow of traffic. There will be marauding dune buggies , darting quad bikes and crazy tourists who entrust their lives to the kamikaze drivers from the tour operators 🤣 but it's a Saturday and that my friends is the best part. The traffic in this area is greatly reduced which means we get to experience it as fully as we can.

What I expect....your A game! Yalla! 

For our fasting friends , I aim to finish by 7.30pm Iftar should be  around 6.56pm and Isha prayer 8.17pm

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate (only intermediate and above can join)

When:  08 May  2021, Saturday

Meeting time: 3.30pm  (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/T63pbH8YPMDkZEhN8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7.30pm

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Monday - 3:30pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.
  •  

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Afternoon Intermediate Desert drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 8 May 2021

Drives are now open for multiple drives, as such the following are all confirmed for Saturday's PM drive:

@Goutam
@Arman
@GauravSoni
@amir amiri
@Shehab Alawadhi
@Jorge Stepniak Felippe
@Thomas Varghese
@varunmehndiratta

Zero Waitlisted.....space for 2 more ;) 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drives are now open for multiple drives, as such the following are all confirmed for Saturday's PM drive:

@Goutam
@Arman
@GauravSoni
@amir amiri
@Shehab Alawadhi
@Jorge Stepniak Felippe
@Thomas Varghese
@varunmehndiratta

I like the idea of a small convoy 🤘

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Foxtrot Oscar as been the case for last few weeks, will miss out on fun under your lead. Some personal engagements came in for Saturday...

Fortunately could attend today's drive with Lorenzo (my first weekday drive) and hopefully will manage to attend the one with Kailas on Friday Eve. So thanks to Carnity's broad calendar and dedication of marshals, though I miss out on this one have possibility to attend other drives. Thanks, hope to catch up with you sometime soon...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

2 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Foxtrot Oscar as been the case for last few weeks, will miss out on fun under your lead. Some personal engagements came in for Saturday...

Fortunately could attend today's drive with Lorenzo (my first weekday drive) and hopefully will manage to attend the one with Kailas on Friday Eve. So thanks to Carnity's broad calendar and dedication of marshals, though I miss out on this one have possibility to attend other drives. Thanks, hope to catch up with you sometime soon...

Thanks for letting me know @varunmehndirattaI'm sure we'll drive together soon :) 

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/4/2021 at 12:25 PM, Foxtrot Oscar said:

@Goutam
@Arman
@GauravSoni
@amir amiri
@Shehab Alawadhi
@Jorge Stepniak Felippe
@Thomas Varghese
@varunmehndiratta

Dear Angela @Foxtrot Oscar,

My car is out of workshop and is ready to ride the dunes. Me & my car is ready for the dance inside the desert behind you. Lets dance on Saturday afternoon. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use