•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Love Lake to Solar Park - Dubai - 7 May 2021

Kailas

Thanks all for a wonderful eve in sand. @Kailas it's always been fun driving with you, first time for me under your lead and it's was simply awesome. ...thanks for the same.

Was my first night drive and i had concerns in mind - how diff the experience would be, how diff the terrain will behave as well as how much diff in tech challange the drive would be vis-a-vis a regular day time Fewbie. Thanks to Kailas the drive covered it all and we all come out as better drivers.

From initial level  Criss crossing to slide sloping we had a good mix what we usually expect in Fewbie drive. We had our fair share of refusals, cresting, shovelling, tugs and not to miss out on last min Pop-out to complete the whole nine yards. 

Personally for me being a second lead in my first night drive was a really good learning experience - diff between what eyes see and what car actually feels surely led to some challanges in first half an hour or so - as i struggled to maintain the right distance going at higher than required momentum. I believe (or at least what i felt) that was fixed as things settled in. Thanks to @Danish Mohammadand @Yousef Alimadadi for the support.

Overall the whole team did really well, we had important lessons in importance of timely communication over radio and handling some complicated pulls. All in all it made us better Off-Roaders and the learning continues. 

Thanks all and looking forward to catch up with all soon. 

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 5

Many thanks @Kailas for the drive ! Another beautiful experience that makes the night drives so special. Excellent combination of dunes, crests, bowls. And thanks to taking the time to check our level of comfort to make sure that we can enjoy the drive with confidence.

Thank you @Yousef Alimadadi @Abdul Rahman AK @varunmehndiratta for the support !

• Like (+1) 4

@varunmehndiratta @Danish Mohammad @JeromeFJ @Ehab @Stav @Yousef Alimadadi @Abdul Rahman AK

We had an amazing convoy, that allowed us to tick every every thing as per the action plan.

Initially, we set out to Lisaili, we were able to find plenty of dunes for ridge riding. Rigde riding at night was a different experience. We were also able to find some mighty dunes for sides.

Then we head out to Solar park. We were faced with several big dunes, which we had to criss-cross. Eventually, we were able to find a nice track and drive at high pace.

We had some refusals, Crested and stuck situation needing recovery and a pop out at the last minute, which was quickly sorted out to add to the fun.

I am grateful to have had @Yousef Alimadadi as support, who handled the recoveries and saved the day from a collision with his split-second maneuvering skills. Thank you Yousef.

@varunmehndiratta & @Abdul Rahman AK did a brilliant job at SL and SW position.

It was a great team effort and good radio communication everyone ( @Danish Mohammad & @JeromeFJ's coordination was the best)

Looking at the stats:

image.png.d22e4bc7bf81dbda71dbef621dd3fece.png

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was an excellent drive, Thanks to @Kailas and yes the halftime interval you provide in your drives are really nice as it gives us the opportunity to regain our concentration and energy to enjoy the 2nd half.

Brilliant 2nd lead @varunmehndirattaand Excellent CF @Yousef Alimadadi.

Everyone in the convoy did amazingly well @Danish Mohammad, @JeromeFJ, @Stav and @Ehab 👏

See you all soon in the sand!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank You @Kailas @varunmehndiratta @Yousef Alimadadi @Abdul Rahman AK for all your support during the full drive, it was very nice route start with some small dunes as to let all of us warn-up and then it became extremely impressive with big dunes and good challenging soft sand.

As a part of fun with learning and to face challenge in sand everyone in Convoy did excellent and very well faced all the challenges. Super team work during refusal/stuck & pop-out.

Appreciate the way @Yousef Alimadadi saved a car collision in front of him putting himself in stuck position, good lesson for all of us to be more active/vocal on radio. (Well control on his car)

And “yes” how can we forget our special break time given by our marshal keeping all safety parameters and following Covid-19 rules we got time to explore desert in night. It was awesome as even our cars got rest :) 

Thank you everyone for all your effort, support, and help to make this possible.

InshaAllah see you after Eid.......... ************** EID MUBARAK **************

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks@Kailasfor the amazing drive, the track was excellent.

Thank you @Yousef Alimadadi for your support, i enjoyed listening to your engine and sorry about the light😊

@varunmehndiratta @Danish Mohammad @JeromeFJ @Stav @Abdul Rahman AK

Enjoy watching

Edited by Ehab
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use