•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Margham Exploration - Dubai - 7 May 2021

Wrangeld

2 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

what COVID has done is remove some of the community from our club, because we cannot gather any longer at the end of drives like we used to, nor can be debrief after a drive and get to know one another. 

Covid rules has been followed strictly and almost every one started following that as well. So with social distancing (with little extra distancing)why cant we start having a quick debrief if it works, new members like me had never experienced that!!!

15 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Covid rules has been followed strictly and almost every one started following that as well. So with social distancing (with little extra distancing)why cant we start having a quick debrief if it works, new members like me had never experienced that!!!

It's a good question. The problem is simply that even with social distancing, we run the risk on a 15 car convoy of someone saying that we held a gathering and we end up with a DHM5000 individual fine and a DHM50,000 fine for the business. 

We are allowed to drive in our own cars on sand in the same way as on the road - but in the same way that if we stopped in a public car park and had a meeting we would breach the rules, a socially distanced debrief on the sand would be the same. 

Believe me, Lakshmi, those of us that joined the club before COVID miss these gatherings a lot and cannot wait to get back to the way we used to be able to get to know each other. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

@Fabien Monleau it looks like you signed in for multiple drives at the same time. As you are confirmed on the dirve with @Brette I have signed you out of this drive. 

Look forward to seeing you some time soon. 

23 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Will do - 

@Rjducos - looks like you got a drive on @Brette drive, so I will assume you are moved off this W/L

2 hours ago, Lucas Neo said:

Unfortunately going to have to skip this drive 😔

That's a shame for you LUca, thanks for the update. 

1 hour ago, Wade Pat2 said:

@Wrangeld can you add me to this drive if a spot is free?

Looks like Lucas just opened up a spot for you Wade. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use