•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Margham Exploration - Dubai - 7 May 2021

Wrangeld

9 hours ago, Niki said:

I have added (to the gallery ) shots I got from the play areas and a few nice perspectives I could catch.  Carnity not only has woken up a hobbyist dune basher but has re-woken a past passion for photography… I tried shutter priority to ensure I could keep up with the movement … a few out of focus but in general I hope the pics captured all of your fine cars enjoying that bowl!! @Gaurav Soni I even caught you with 1 wheel in the air!! There were some 💙 cars in our convoy today! 

thank you all that made this such a fun and enjoyable trip!  See you soon! 

Beautiful pictures. Thanks @Niki

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Absolutely loved the themed drive yesterday and thank you @Wrangeld and to all senior drivers for a very entertaining drive with the lyric references! 

You learn something new on every drive. This time round I took the LC as I had a concern that my Wrangler would stop play in the first half (as it did on more than a few occasions), this time with overheating concerns. Handling a bigger and heavier car in the sand definitely requires much more momentum and and forward looking to see the obstacles ahead. I learnt that with my first stuck today requiring shovels out (or should I have taken my sand wedge instead?) (thanks again @GauravSoni!) whereas a lighter SWB would have ducked and dived and floated over the same.

@Niki super action shots! I know what you mean about reigniting the passion for photography - I now take my SLR out on every drive 😃 I'll try and post the pics up to the gallery later today. 

Lovely to see familiar friendly faces and to meet new people yesterday in the convoy. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Alfred Alinazar said:

@Wrangeld, there were several moments when I was so nervous to see the dunes and thought that I took a trip that was too advance for me. But in the end, I finally realized that if I didn't take this trip, I would not learn as much as I had yesterday.

Thank you very much for your patience of guiding and helping me during the drive.
Also Special thanks to @Watteau and @Gaurav Soni for assisting me on the recoveries. I learned a lot from both of you.

Last but not least, I would like to thank all the team for your patience to keep waiting for me when I managed to get my car stuck many times.

What a wonderful experience !

@Alfred Alinazar if everyone on the drive was newbie, I would possibly have chosen a different route. This is why all level drives are so important and helpful. You did very well. We all get scared of dunes - absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Like (+1) 2

@Wrangeld i really enjoyed the drive at the back, It was indeed relaxing. Newbie drives have their own taste, you get the chance to enjoy the views, help others and learn more on recoveries.

I Will be joining more newbies drive in future.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use