•  
Advertise here

35 inch Tyres

Good day guys and girls,

I might be in the wrong section of the forums so point me to the right part if need be.... I recently - two weeks ago - bought a Jeep Wrangler SWB that came with brand new 35inch Cooper tires. Don't get me wrong they look sweet and are damn good tires, but open road on the SWB chassis this car is a handful. Car also has a 4inch lift which does not help the on road characteristics.  Drove a 5 door Jeep with the same setup and way more stable.

So what am I asking, is there anyone that wants to upgrade to 35Inch tires that are looking for tires? I want to go down to 33inch so willing to swop or whatever, let me know your thoughts if you are interested or know anyone...have done about 2000Km on the tires (set of 5) Cooper Discoverer AT3 Xlt

IMG_20210505_124101.jpg

IMG_20210505_124129.jpg

@Cornelius Wessels I managed to sell on my relatively new stock tires via Facebook groups for my car very easily!  I impressed even the most cynical folks here that someone would buy Dunlop Grandtrek  :) 

yours would be an easy sell on a Jeep forum/Facebook page!  Though as Offroad season is over for many, these platforms are filling up with Offroad gear being sold off.  That said 35” that new and Coopers should sell super easy … else hold them until oct/nov when tire shops sell out and def sell with ease when the season reopens to the masses 

before you sell … make sure you take some photos as they make your Jeep a pinup! 33’s will drive better all round but won’t make your Jeep look as pretty 🤩 

@Cornelius Wessels I had the same issue. The previous owner put 35s on and man it made the car handle terribly. The tyres were heavy so it was a struggle to get momentum and on the road it makes the brakes work harder too. Plus it affects the speedo (needs to be recalibrated) and to run 35s properly you need to regear the axles. And the extra weight will eventually wear out the tailgate unless you have it reinforced.
BUT on the upside they do look good 😂 

As Niki said they are easy to sell. Plenty of people want 35s. There are lots of Jeep UAE groups on FB and I sold mine easily. 

Below are the pics with 35s. Now I am running 285 BFG K02 and compared to the 35s it looks as if the Jeep skips leg day 😄

F2D474FB-D2E2-4978-A40F-0DF70EC3C49B.jpeg

44B2B84C-1E82-4C28-9183-972080ECBB7A.jpeg

• Well Done (+2) 1

• 4 weeks later...

They are still available @Roy Armale have not advertised them as of yet, waiting for winter...previous owner of my car upgraded everything, gears, engine the works so I don't struggle for speed (car just becomes a handful)...ill probably sell as a wheel and Tyre set not just tires...but that obvs depends on market 

On 5/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, Cornelius Wessels said:

Good day guys and girls,

I might be in the wrong section of the forums so point me to the right part if need be.... I recently - two weeks ago - bought a Jeep Wrangler SWB that came with brand new 35inch Cooper tires. Don't get me wrong they look sweet and are damn good tires, but open road on the SWB chassis this car is a handful. Car also has a 4inch lift which does not help the on road characteristics.  Drove a 5 door Jeep with the same setup and way more stable.

So what am I asking, is there anyone that wants to upgrade to 35Inch tires that are looking for tires? I want to go down to 33inch so willing to swop or whatever, let me know your thoughts if you are interested or know anyone...have done about 2000Km on the tires (set of 5) Cooper Discoverer AT3 Xlt

IMG_20210505_124101.jpg

IMG_20210505_124129.jpg

I am sure you will find buyers for these very easy....try FB/Dubbizle..... 

On 6/4/2021 at 8:30 PM, Cornelius Wessels said:

They are still available @Roy Armale have not advertised them as of yet, waiting for winter...previous owner of my car upgraded everything, gears, engine the works so I don't struggle for speed (car just becomes a handful)...ill probably sell as a wheel and Tyre set not just tires...but that obvs depends on market 

Cool, I might be interested.

• 3 weeks later...