•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Suwaydan to Faya - Sharjah - 14 May 2021

Frederic

7 hours ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

Convoy Setup

1) Frederic - Pajero SWB - Crew @Frederic

2) Niki - FJ Cruiser Black - Fewbie @Niki

3) Anoop Raj - FJ Cruiser - Newbie @Anoop Raj

4) Anoop Nair - Jeep Wrangler - Newbie @Anoop Nair

5) Tareck - Nissan Patrol Y62 - Newbie @Tareck

6) Hisham Masaad - FJ Cruiser Black - Intermediate @Hisham Masaad

7) Sunil Mathew - Jeep Wrangler Yellow - Newbie - @Sunil Mathew

8 ) Pacific - Jeep Wrangler SWB - Fewbie - @Pacific

9) Mukundan Nair - Nissan Xterra - Intermediate - @Mukundan Nair 

10) Lakshmi Narasimhan - Pajero LWB Gold - Fewbie - @Lakshmi Narasimhan

11) Darren Brooke - Chevy Tahoe - Fewbie - @Darren Brooke

12) Richard Franks - Jeep Wrangler Red - Fewbie - @Richard Franks

13) Lawrence Chehimi - Nissan Patrol Y62 - Intermediate - @Lawrence_Chehimi

14) Goutam - Jeep Wranger Yellow - Intermediate - @Goutam

15) Nivin - Nissan Xterra - Advance - @Nivin

We will be using Channel 2: 446.03125 Mhz.

Please make sure you have your off-road gears as per your level. 

See you guys tomorrow at 05:30AM !

Looking forward to the drive tomorrow!!

Just scrolled up to confirm that this is still a newbie drive , 

😁

Only 4 of us newbies surrounded by an army of fewbies and intermediates!!

This is going to be interesting !!!

I think an anticipatory bail would be worthwhile, sorry if we NBs pull down the level of tomorrow's drive a bit 🙏🙏😁😁

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

A wonderful drive indeed. Thanks a lot @Frederic! Looking forward to many more drives with you. 

• Like (+1) 5

don't drive like its your last one.

Thanks @Frederic for the perfect, relaxed, refreshing drive with right amount of challenge for a newbie drive. Great choice of terrain.

Thanks to all the seniors in supporting and guiding and providing tips and confidence.

Started with chasing the beautiful sun rise and technical ares were ever one did really well and with nice side slopes and the steep climb.

We had couple of camel convoys accompanying ours was pleasant to view and we exited on time.

It was nice to catch up with known faces and new ones.

Looking forward for another such wonderful drive. 

DDB8CC45-57E6-4DEF-8338-566C3F1A39B8.jpeg

58857674-0EAB-4529-BF9C-813DD59E5B90.jpeg

526A2179-0226-46F9-BF6C-6CD9B90EC370.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

DRIVE REPORT

Waking up at 4AM has its perks: You get to see a beautiful sunrise from the dunes, and enjoy some offroading adventures in the great company of our Carnity family. We first headed towards the sun and covered the Suwaydan area, which is a bit more technical and bushy/bumpy, but the scenery is totally worth it. The lonely ghaf trees, shrubs, and even a bit of a forest which i fell in love with a few years back and labeled it "Sharjah Forest" :) We took a nice photo of the entire convoy over there, before heading out to Faya. 

We reached Faya from the back side, but as it was quite busy with other convoys and cross tracks, we quickly climbed via the cheat route, and descended with some nice playtime in the bowls around it. Everyone was managing so well and the ropes and shovels remained in the car during the whole drive. With some time left, we decided to head towards Camel Rock and Fossil Rock. 

Once we had our fill, we took the pylon track and exited at the Mahafiz Mosque. I was stunned by the entire convoy on how you guys all did so well. My aim for today was to practice a smooth track in which the drivers practice restraint, in order not to churn up the tracks for the team members behind them, and everyone did this superb.

Thanks for the great support of @Hisham Masaad @Mukundan Nair @Nivin and @Nabil Bishara, and the team spirit shown by all, our newbies were in great company and we were able to cover 52kms in 3 hours with hardly any refusals. The few ones we faced were easily dealt with, and that meant we could keep driving and enjoying this wonderful morning.

Special thanks as well to @Niki who was my SL, and finally was able to get into a drive with me 😅 

Hope to see you all soon in the sands again ! Enjoy the rest of your Friday !

E15AE4AF-30F4-41E2-927A-6293142D056A.jpeg

041C8D78-DC99-4051-A3F7-BC1C3C038BAA.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks @Frederic for the great choice of track with the right mix of dunes and technical challenges thrown in, along a very bushy terrain.

I need to thank @Hisham Masaad , @Pacific, @Mukundan Nair for their help and assistance during the drive in the form of guidance over radio and showing me the route when i lost track.

Great supporting roles by @Niki, @Nivin and @Nabil Bishara too.

Looking forward and coming back for more!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT

Waking up at 4AM has its perks: You get to see a beautiful sunrise from the dunes, and enjoy some offroading adventures in the great company of our Carnity family. We first headed towards the sun and covered the Suwaydan area, which is a bit more technical and bushy/bumpy, but the scenery is totally worth it. The lonely ghaf trees, shrubs, and even a bit of a forest which i fell in love with a few years back and labeled it "Sharjah Forest" :) We took a nice photo of the entire convoy over there, before heading out to Faya. 

We reached Faya from the back side, but as it was quite busy with other convoys and cross tracks, we quickly climbed via the cheat route, and descended with some nice playtime in the bowls around it. Everyone was managing so well and the ropes and shovels remained in the car during the whole drive. With some time left, we decided to head towards Camel Rock and Fossil Rock. 

Once we had our fill, we took the pylon track and exited at the Mahafiz Mosque. I was stunned by the entire convoy on how you guys all did so well. My aim for today was to practice a smooth track in which the drivers practice restraint, in order not to churn up the tracks for the team members behind them, and everyone did this superb.

Thanks for the great support of @Hisham Masaad @Mukundan Nair @Nivin and @Nabil Bishara, and the team spirit shown by all, our newbies were in great company and we were able to cover 52kms in 3 hours with hardly any refusals. The few ones we faced were easily dealt with, and that meant we could keep driving and enjoying this wonderful morning.

Special thanks as well to @Niki who was my SL, and finally was able to get into a drive with me 😅 

Hope to see you all soon in the sands again ! Enjoy the rest of your Friday !

E15AE4AF-30F4-41E2-927A-6293142D056A.jpeg

041C8D78-DC99-4051-A3F7-BC1C3C038BAA.jpeg

@Frederic for the great drive. It was different, with challenges and rewards on offer equally. @Hisham Masaad@Nikifor all the guidance and encouragement. Looking forward to meet up with you guys at the earliest.

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use