•  

UPDATED: Carnity Radio Frequencies

Frederic

Due to the growth of our club, we have recently released 5 more Carnity Radio Frequencies. This will make it easier to select channels and avoid interference from other Carnity convoys.

Below is the updated list:

image.png.75739af972dbd4974ef5ef0385e10ba2.png

Please take note that Channels 1 till 4 remain unchanged. Channels 5 until 10 are new.

Programming instructions can be found in below advice:

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

35 minutes ago, Mario Cornejo said:

@Frederic TStep for Channel 5 was 12.5, will the new channels have TStep 6.25, 12.5, or any of those two values?

Thanks!

Hi Mario, the new channels are on 6.25 as well, but let me reiterate a little bit on that, sorry if it becomes a bit technical here below:

If you put your Radio in VFO mode (this the manual mode where you can type in any frequency), you can with turning your rotary dial on the top of the radio (for example Motorola MT777) go up or down in steps. This is the so called step frequency. Most of us are using the channel mode in which your rotary dial knob goes through the programmed channels, so that step frequency is not important.

However in some model radios, if you want to program a certain frequency, it will not always accept a certain frequency that is located in-between two "steps", hence we used to provide the step frequency as well. 

The reason that frequencies have steps is because of how FM (Frequency Modulation) works: When you are broadcasting on a frequency for example 446.00625, you will be in fact broadcasting in-between 445.986 and 446.026. This is a 20Khz wideband bandwidth.

image.png.3c7b435749da821d2a69ab217be8921e.png

And this is also the main reason why our carnity frequencies  are not randomly chosen, they are selected to make sure there is enough room in between the channels so there is no interference.

Compare it with Sheikh Zayed road which has 6 lanes. The white lines that represent each lane have a certain width, or bandwidth. As long as you remain in your lane you will not interfere with others. The width of the lanes are chosen to accommodate vehicles from different sizes like lorries, SUV's, or sedans. 

The 20Khz bandwidth is basically the width of each lane, as our radio transmit our voices over this width. 

I hope i did not give you a headache now :) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 minute ago, Frederic said:

so that step frequency is not important

Hi @Frederic, not a problem and concept understood and no headache luckily 😅.  The reason for my questions is that I program my radio using CHIRP, and while I was updating the .csv file I noticed the TStep value was different for Channel 5. I will keep 6.25.

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mario Cornejo said:

Hi @Frederic, not a problem and concept understood and no headache luckily 😅.  The reason for my questions is that I program my radio using CHIRP, and while I was updating the .csv file I noticed the TStep value was different for Channel 5. I will keep 6.25.

Thanks!

Thanks and yes indeed. The Channel 5 frequency was the very first frequency we used in the club. The frequencies we added later on are the PMR446 license free channels which you can find on wikipedia as well.

• Like (+1) 4

@Frederic thank you for the excellent effort and for all who contributed to this genuine work to make it happen

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use