•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 21 May 2021

Wrangeld

@Nishant Mulani @Saddaquat Tanvir @Aisha S @Abdelhamid Elbasossi@Paolo Pellegrini @Ivan Pironi @Rory Ashman

As we are less than 24 hours from the start of the drive, here is a brief of what we plan to do tomorrow:

PREPARATION FOR THE DRIVE AND WHAT TO EXPECT

1) Please ensure that you reach the meeting point on time, i.e., 5:00 AM sharp. Reaching 10 mins early would be better, but dont be late.  Also, ensure that you have tow points at the front and rear with 8 inch (min ground clearance)

2) All first timers with Carnity need to ensure that they have gone through the Newbie briefing Video :

3)  The senior members on tomorrow's drive would be @Yousef Alimadadi @Alexander Alcala and I would be leading the drive. 

4) We will be using Carnity Channel 1 tomorrow. (446.00625 Mhz). The instructions to program the radio are provided in the below post. Please ensure that you have a fully charged and programmed radio before the drive. If you are a first timer with Carnity we shall provide you with a spare radio for this drive, if you dont have one. 

5) All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. While turning off traction control is mandatory, its ok if you are unable to turn off the Airbags for this drive. Traction Control, ABS and Airbags can be disabled by a button or by pulling the fuse. Incase of any queries you can always ask me or the senior members before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist. 

6) You will need a pressure gauge and deflator as a minimum. If you have a compressor it would be better as the compressor at Last Exit does malfunction from time to time.  

7) For highway tyres you can deflate to 15 psi. Those who have AT tyres, you can deflate to 13 psi. 

8 ) Feel free to ask questions at any time. 

9) Convoy Numbering will be posted today evening after 7 pm. 

We shall be starting the drive on some flat tracks and would build up the pace from there depending on the convoy response. We will be driving for about 3.5 hours practicing driving in sand, proper steering control, crossing some dunes, and getting you and your vehicle more familiarized with the desert.

By 9:00 am we will be heading out towards the Qudra Parking.

COVID PRECUATIONS

COVID is still very much there, so once you reach the meeting point, park your cars at sufficient distance from each other. Always wear your masks while stepping out of your cars. Once done deflating, please get back into your cars immediately. Drivers will be responsible for the compliance of their passengers as well.

59 minutes ago, Saddaquat Tanvir said:

Hi, will need some assistance in turning off Traction Control, ABS etc, I'm not to familiar with this in my vehicle (Land Cruiser 2019).

LC have a button to disable TC and ABS. Just the read the owners manual. If you are still unable to find, we shall assist you tomorrow

Hi Guys, i drive a 2014 nissan patrol y62 with 2inch lifted but stock 20inch HT tire tomorrow, new 18inch coopers are coming next week, i have learned dessert driving from EDI with a few experience only. Tow Hooks are good to go, Tire inflator and radio are ready, but i  dont have a flag pole yet, is that necessery? Also need help for how to switch the airbag.   

Looking forward to meet you guys.

30 minutes ago, Abdelhamid Elbasossi said:

Hello. I would request also some assistance to disable the traction control and airbags in my Jeep grand cherokee. And also I don't have a radio so will ask you  for one before  the trip.

Thanks 

Welcome Abdel Hamid. Will assist tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, shu yang said:

Hi Guys, i drive a 2014 nissan patrol y62 with 2inch lifted but stock 20inch HT tire tomorrow, new 18inch coopers are coming next week, i have learned dessert driving from EDI with a few experience only. Tow Hooks are good to go, Tire inflator and radio are ready, but i  dont have a flag pole yet, is that necessery? Also need help for how to switch the airbag.   

Looking forward to meet you guys.

Hi Shu, welcome. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Important Information

Terms of use