•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert drive - Big Red to Faya - Sharjah - 21 May 2021

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  21 May 2021, Friday

Meeting time: 5:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: Big Red https://goo.gl/maps/31fZ8MXh5YzbYF3K8 

finish point up to convoy response. If everything goes perfectly we might reach Faya.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Fewbies and above drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

Wow, what a jump from a newbie drive. Lots of tracks and sabkhas where you can get the speed up, bowls to have fun, hill climbs to test your torque and momentum, ridge riding and criss crossing at high altitude to test your . Did I mention I have vertigo? 😄  

Very nice drive and we covered a lot of ground from Big Red to Faya. Thanks for the route and leading @Luca Palanca Falsini and to the seniors @Dodi Syahdarand @Mehmet Volga

Car of the day was definitely the Jimny, respect for revving the nuts off the 1.5 litre at every hill climb!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Fantastic drive with a lot of variation and nice big dune climbing! Thank you very much @Luca Palanca Falsini @Dodi Syahdarand @Mehmet Volga.

Big compliment to all drivers, that was a very capable convoy. 

Enjoy the weekend. See you next time!

Edited by Bernd Stucke
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi everyone, first of all thank you for participating today in our drive!

The path between BigRed to Faya is always a wonderful experience and today was blessed by all of you, a great convoy full of enthusiasm and not scared at all in front of the challenges we met.

We covered roughly 50Km full of fun with big dunes, wonderful landscapes, sabkhas and technical areas.

We start on time that’s quite important because we had the opportunity to visit the top of BigRed not once but twice! with exceptional daylight (hope to see some photos :) ).

@Chinthaka Ruwan you did a very good job as a SL. Nice to see your smiley face anytime I meet you to exchange impressions about the drive. Hope to see you again soon on a different path!

@Nathan Evans you surprised me again, after a little warm-up you show that you  are able to handle your Jimny exceptionally well! Keep driving with us!

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalilhope you enjoyed the drive. Your skill has improved a lot by the last time we met. 

@Russ thank you for joining us, even if your car is not an easy beast to handle,  you did a great job with it!  

@Dodi Syahdar I think today was your first trip as CF, I was little worried when I saw how many people you were carrying but you did a great job

@TT_Dubai was nice to meet you today and see that you liked the drive. You also did a great job with your car. Just pay attention to how to handle the power of your car :)

@Bernd Stucke nice to see you again, Very well done!

@Rob H you did a perfect drive. I was not even waiting for you and @Bernd Stucke confident that you both were following without any problem. 

@Mehmet Volga Thank you very much for your help, definitely needed :) Hope that the path discovered today met your expectations! 

Hope to see you all on the sand very soon!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use