•  
Advertise here

How to disable driver airbag on Pajero

I looked into the forum topics but I coudn't not find any tips on how to disable driver airbag.

No result also searching on google nor on the owner's manual. Mitsubishi Pajero 2014 3.5L 5 Door

Anyone able to help me?

Thanks a lot,

Paolo

40 minutes ago, Paolo Pellegrini said:

I looked into the forum topics but I coudn't not find any tips on how to disable driver airbag.

No result also searching on google nor on the owner's manual. Mitsubishi Pajero 2014 3.5L 5 Door

Anyone able to help me?

Thanks a lot,

Paolo

Although we indeed always recommend to disable the airbags on 4x4 vehicles, this also depends on the type of vehicle. The main sensitive thing are the curtain airbags which are connected to inclinometer sensors and might trigger to go off when criss crossing over a dune.  Especially on more electronics equipped cars like the Landrover LR3 and LR4, Defender, Ford Expedition and Explorer, etc..

In the case of a Pajero where your model does not have curtain airbags you are only left with the frontal steering wheel airbag which is not prone to ever eject during desert driving and from what i see i do not think anyone ever disables this. If anything at all it would protect you during a severe frontal impact. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

18 hours ago, Paolo Pellegrini said:

Thanks this helpful. Indeed my model does have curtain airbags. Any reccomended way to disable it?

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards,

Paolo

Hi Paolo, the only way would be to remove the airbag fuse. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Clay Neddo said:

I am having trouble finding the airbag fuse. There does not seem to be a label for it in any of the schematics thst I can find 

How do other pajero owners disable it? Or do they? Am I just mussing something simple?

Got the same problem. Apparently there are no fuse for Airbags in Pajero....

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Clay Neddo said:

I am having trouble finding the airbag fuse. There does not seem to be a label for it in any of the schematics thst I can find 

How do other pajero owners disable it? Or do they? Am I just mussing something simple?

Pajero owners generally don’t disable the airbags. I haven’t heard of one single incident to date.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Probably because they don't fly unlike Jeeps

and this is a good thing or a bad thing?! 😎🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1