•  
Advertise here

Upsizing Pajero tyres.

Hi Everyone,

I have a SWB Pajero 3.8 and looking to buy new AT tyres.

Preferably going with 265/65r18. Very common size for Pajero in Australia and South Africa with no issues.

I originally looked at Geolanders Go15 but I've seen some people complaining about the sidewall strength. I indent to visit the wadis frequently, so I'm slightly put off by that. The other option is Kumho AT51.

At this stage neither tyre is available in the size I want but they are available in 275/65r18. There are mixed opinions for running that size in the 3.2 diesel versions but I can't seem to find any information on the 3.8. Although I've seen a couple running that size around here.

Has anyone tried 275/65r18 on their Pajero? I'd appreciate to hear your opinions.

Theo

I have Geolandar 15’s in 265/65/18. No pop outs yet inshallah. No rubbing but it is VERY close on the front, I have 40mm lift kit, if it wasn’t fitted the tyres would probably interfere lightly. PM me for supplier, they are readily available.

Edited by Warren Flay
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Wadi driving is perfectly possible with the Geolandars. Deflate to around 25psi and you’ll be fine. Stick to the 265 size. 275 might start rubbing the fenders and will only weigh more which to be avoided. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 4 months later...

I was planning for 275/65R18 Kumho Roadventure on 3.8LWB. Tyre shop guy informed that 275/65 will cause issues having seen 1st hand on another Pajero. Got 265/65  G051. Looks good, very reasonable road noise. Completed 1 newbie drive with Carnity without any issues @ 12psi.  

• Like (+1) 1