•  

Private drive incident

29 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Sorry to hear that @Thomas Varghese hope your car get well soon.

Btw, just curious, were you leading this private drive?

not at all. it was a friend. How can I lead a drive without knowing the basics of leading a drive? You got to teach me @Gaurav 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1

Very sorry to hear about the accident. Wish u speedy recovery and back in action soon. 

Btw i have seen soo many hazards in these popular bowl areas like ifthar bowl badayer. I dont understand how can there be solid loose rock in middle of steep climb or soft sand patch. Once i noticed  a solid brick poking out in these area. 

I dont have words for who ever does this kind of retarted things. 

Its lesson to learn that there are people like thomas friend who stood by him till next day 5 am. But there are far more morons out there who may put shit wholes for people. 

Please be careful. 🙏

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Very sorry to hear about the accident. Wish u speedy recovery and baxk in action soon. 

Btw i have seen soo many hazards in these popular bowl areas like ifthar bowl badayer. I dont understand how can there be solid loose rock in middle of steep climb or soft sand patch. Once i noticed  a solid brick poking out in these area. 

I dont have words for who ever does this kind of retarted things. 

Its lesson to learn that there are people like thomas friend who stood by him till next day 5 am. But there are far more morons out there who may put shit wholes for people. 

Please be careful. 🙏

Thanks, the car will be in action tomorrow itself. Probably you are right @Rizwanm2 about someone placing loose rocks deliberately. In our country puncture shops used to sprinkle iron nails on roads so that people will get a puncture and visit them. Same maybe here. Recovering an immobilized car from an area like that is next to impossible unless u shell out lot of money. Thanks to friends who didn't leave me alone to fend for myself. I would have done the same for them too if any of their cars had been disabled. Not at all a good option to leave your car unattended for even a day in those areas. God knows what all will go missing. It was not possible to recover the car without the aid of a mechanic who knows how to disengage the drive shaft and the axle and to have the tools to do so. Thanks to my mechanic who took a taxi to reach Madam from Ajman and made the recovery possible. The wheels had locked up after the differential broke and wouldn't move.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

not at all. it was a friend. How can I lead a drive without knowing the basics of leading a drive? You got to teach me @Gaurav 

We made use of all the recovery techniques taught to us from @Carnity. Leading the drive is a different case altogether and as we r not trained we dared not do it. If @Gaurav or @Rahimdad will teach us then why not? 

• Like (+1) 1

What an exciting story @Thomas Varghese.Carnity doesn’t just teach us desert driving. I believe we learn a lot of life skills like Leadership, being there for each other , patience and many more. Glad to know that you and your car are back in action. Until we meet on the sand 👋

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Nithin Vaidir said:

What an exciting story @Thomas Varghese.Carnity doesn’t just teach us desert driving. I believe we learn a lot of life skills like Leadership, being there for each other , patience and many more. Glad to know that you and your car are back in action. Until we meet on the sand 👋

PATIENCE. I saw the patience of my fellow drivers in those moments. The moment I called they came and helped. 

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use