Off road Club Grading Structure V.3.0

Gaurav

1 hour ago, Goutam said:

This is my understanding:

• Carnity have split the ranks in to drive and to support. Earlier it was one and the same.
  • One has to be minimum Intermediate to be able to able to assume Support roles. 
  • Only overlap happens at Intermediate vs basic Support Team Level, you can say they are one and the same, except one has to opt into assuming support functions.
  • Extreme is the penultimate in the drive levels but it is not necessary for advancing in the support levels.  

Nicely explained.

Last but not least the core reason to split the structure is to eliminate the confusion where many thought that Team Carnity is the next line of "obvious" progression.

Whereas we always have to go back and clear that point with lengthy clarification that:

• Its optional, if you like to support and develop yourself into more leadership roles.
  • It demands a lot of time, effort, patience and commitment.
  • It needs team player attitude first than just skills.
  • Totally Agree (+2) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

thanks @Frederic I actually went through that post and added the map layers.

@Gaurav the app isn't difficult to use or understand, it's reading the terrain what I need help in. How do you tell which areas you must avoid? based on what do you usually plan the route? what do you look for? Can you point out play areas for example by just looking at the map? places to ridge ride, side slope etc...

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

thanks @Frederic I actually went through that post and added the map layers.

@Gaurav the app isn't difficult to use or understand, it's reading the terrain what I need help in. How do you tell which areas you must avoid? based on what do you usually plan the route? what do you look for? Can you point out play areas for example by just looking at the map? places to ridge ride, side slope etc...

Yes @Lawrence_Chehimi secret is in the same sauce what Frederic mentioned.

Record few tracks, while playing and ridge riding zoom and identify what do you see on Gaia screen different than 10 or 20 min before track. You will soon start to understand and read the topography with this exercise on every drive.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 6 months later...

I've finished 10 fewbie drives 

Should i apply for fewbie plus promotion and attend to 10 fewbie plus drives before i apply for intermediate level? 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am new member to the club. I completed Desert Driving Masterclass last weekend and now want to join the drives but I don’t see any Absolute Newbie Drive event planned for coming weekend. I have RSPVed Newbie Drive for 5th March but after reading the Grading structure, I am wondering whether I am eligible to join the Newbie Drive or not, please clarify? 

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Ravi Singh welcome to the club! If you have completed your master class then you are eligible to drive at newbie level. You can signup for any newbie level drive this weekend and enjoy the next level! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, GauravSoni said:

Hi @Ravi Singh welcome to the club! If you have completed your master class then you are eligible to drive at newbie level. You can signup for any newbie level drive this weekend and enjoy the next level! 

Hi @GauravSoni, thank you for clarification. Looking forward to enjoy the weekend drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

• 8 months later...

Question regarding newbie to fewbie , I completed 4no newbie drives and 1no “other” drive, Last weekends bbq plus 4no drives as passenger, would this potential qualify to move up to Fewbie?

I ask as with the upcoming Yellow Truck drive it would be great if myself and @Benjamin were on the same drive the same day.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gary F said:

Question regarding newbie to fewbie , I completed 4no newbie drives and 1no “other” drive, Last weekends bbq plus 4no drives as passenger, would this potential qualify to move up to Fewbie?

I ask as with the upcoming Yellow Truck drive it would be great if myself and @Benjamin were on the same drive the same day.

Hi, the WWD is not considered as a NB drive. So you will need to complete one more NB drive before making the promotion request

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use