•  

Team Carnity Grading Structure V.1.0

Gaurav

• Gaurav changed the title to Team Carnity Grading Structure V.1.0
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Carnity I've been reading and interpreting the requirements to join Team Carnity and I'm looking forward to further aid and improve my skills and reliability after my intermediate promotion. I'm a little turned around on the requirement after completing 10 drives as an intermediate. If I got a role as a support member is there a series of examination processes to ensure I'm fit for the role? as I'm reading other comments here and it seems to be somewhat the case. 

Also, another quick question. after the promotion I presume Support starts at just supporting Newbie and Fewbie drives, but what's the requirement to support higher level drives? such as Fewbie + and intermediate? 

Thanks for any replies I'm just interested and excited to potentially join Team Carnity as an active member as I will be heading into university soon in Dubai :D

Edited by Benjamin
  • Like (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Great to see your commitment @Benjamin !

After you have completed those 10 drives, you become eligible to request to join the support team if you feel that you want to progress further and become a supporting member, which in our language is a senior member that is willing to help others and finds satisfaction in teaching others on how to become confident off-roaders.

After requesting your promotion, we will first internally assess how you have progressed until now (are you a team-player and ready to help out during your drives, or you prefer snoozing in the car with snacks while others are shoveling away)... 😁

Apart from being a team-player, we also look for mature people who can remain calm and can be a gentle guide to our Newbies and give them comfort and reassurance so they are at ease, just like you felt on those first couple of drives and got the confidence from another senior member or support team member.

In our opinion, Fewbie+ and Intermediate drives need little to no support (except perhaps for LIWA drives or similar more demanding drives). The reason is that we expect from that point onwards all members of the convoy know their car, skills, and should know how to self-recover. There is no real challenge in supporting a high-level drive but trust me the challenge to support a low-level drive can be immense and that's exactly where we want to see people rising to the occasion.

Having said that, i do know that during high level there can be numerous challenging stucks and recoveries, but these are more technically challenging, and do not compare in the same manner as teaching a Newbie how to self-recover, or guide him calmly and with a friendly smile even after consecutive crests and stucks (we do enjoy these things and any future lead of us should find satisfaction in teaching others).

Hope this clarifies your inquiry :) 

Thank you @Frederic that answers my question perfectly. I'm looking forward to supporting Newbie drives (If I meet the requirements of course :)

I do see the reasoning behind higher level drives not needing the support, and I totally agree. 

Lucky for Team Carnity shovel is my second name :D 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 3/20/2023 at 9:45 AM, Frederic said:

or you prefer snoozing in the car with snacks while others are shoveling away

And there is nothing wrong with this choice too, as we all are different and comes from various background, mindset and situations.

That's why some prefer to chill out over the drive to relax from week-long work and stress.

As much as Team Carnity's path seems exciting and rewarding but it does come with a lot of responsibilities, hard work and commitment. Every team carnity member (currently 35) from a support role to the crew, contributes a lot and spends a great amount of time before and after the drives.

So technically anyone wishing to join team carnity should answer these questions by themselves:

• Are you "genuinely" a team player? If not you will feel disappointed in the short run.
    • Team player has a mountain of tolerance and respect for each other, at all times.
  • Are you having some free time at hand, and are not always busy?
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav locked this topic