•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 28 May 2021

Vanessa8580

7 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

hello off-roaders, it was an energetic drive we had today morning and hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. all the drivers showed up on time and after the preliminary steps , started off at 5.20. It was an amazing sunrise view and thanks to @Vanessa8580 for the selection of the route and terrain. it was my third drive with @Vanessa8580 one in my absolute newbie, second one in my fewbie level and third in as a support role with the person who flagged off my offroading journey. I still remember @Vanessa8580 helping me in deflating my tires and she had commented on my oman registration plate. I am really honoured in being a part of your manage team and I thank team @Carnity for bringing out the off-roader in me. we had a pleasant drive for the first half and when we entered the fun part we had to exit out @Talgat Mendibaev as he had a puncture on his side wall and had  only a the temperory spare wheel. later in the drive we even had a demonstration of winching as well😃. @TT_Dubai as second lead did a great job. well done buddy. @Zixuan Huang  drove his path finder and handled the terrain well keep it up . @Paolo Pellegrini and @Alfred Alinazar did their best to keep up the pajero spirit and I belive they have succeeded in their attempt at least by 90 %.👏👏 @Hisham Masaad our first CF, you were amazing and supercharged performance with the winch and radio guidance. thank you buddy for all your help and support. @Talgat Mendibaev with his ford explorer felt a bit low in confidence today and it was unfortunate to exit you out when we started our pink rock adventure. hope to see you soon. @Anoop Nair with his powerful wrangler had few issues in managing at few places and I belive you need to be more in sync with the manual transmission. well done bro. @Luc Khaldoun , you were literally enjoying the power of Y62 and as you belive, you and your car did amazing ... but I had to find some patches of clean sand to move ahead 😀😀👍. @Rjducos in his Fortuner did amazing and I belive you handled the terrain really well and didnt hear you over the radio at all. @Ivan Pironi had a real good time with his beast and didn't face any troubles in managing his full sized SUV truck 👍. and finally @Goutam and @Gaurav Soni... 😬😬 did a great job at the back guys. Thank you @Vanessa8580 , @Hisham Masaad , @Goutam and @Gaurav Soni once again and see you soon in the sand. 🙏🙏

Hello everyone, a huge thank you to @Vanessa8580, @Hisham Masaad and @Shaaz Shafor your help, patience and kindness as well as the fun we had. I look forward to drive with you again in the future. Love the pics of today

• Like (+1) 3

Large but well organised convoy this morning. Thanks Vanessa for organising and leading!

The morning drives get earlier and earlier and darker and darker... I managed to lose my valve whilst deflating in the dark and thankfully a spare was offered by @Hisham Masaad and the kind offer of a powerful torch. @Vanessa8580managed to locate my original valve and we were soon on our way. Thank you both!

Drive warmed up at a gentle pace as we all enjoyed a particularly cool and breezy morning accompanied by a stunning sunrise. We drove up and down some small dunes as we weaved towards Pink Rock. Bumped into Brett's drive too - I realised when I heard @Russ Raptor before seeing it!

Every one drove really well and climbed Pink Rock with no problems. Unfortunately @Talgat Mendibaev suffered a puncture at the top of Pink Rock hitting a sharp rock on his low profile tyre but amazingly a spare spacesaver was put on in 15 min. Hope this experience does not put you off. I have had many issues myself in earlier Newbie drives (clutch exploding coming down  Faya, overheating issues, check engine light and limp mode when trying to climb Fossil Rock)  but I still wake up early and come back for more (but I leave my temperamental Jeep at home 😅) - hope this is the same for you and you won't be left alone!

We had a couple of stucks as the pace picked up after Pink Rock but nothing too serious and most were self recovered. @Luc Khaldoun experienced a trickier recovery but made it out from the soft sand pocket with Vanessa at the wheel! Really liked your discrete mods on your Y62 and hope to have the chance of a closer look in future!

Always nice to see and catch up with  @Zixuan Huang@Alfred Alinazar@Anoop Nair and @Gaurav Soni on the drives.

Nice to meet @Rjducos @Goutam@Ivan Pironi@Shaz Shah@Paolo Pellegrini and @Hisham Masaad (who was happily walking around catching up with drivers while his tyres were being simultaneously inflated via his iPhone app - as per the other thread!) Love the mods on your FJC - you clearly mean business! 

A couple of pics in the gallery.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Edited by TT_Dubai
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hello guys, safely reached home after visiting Auto Pro and getting the new front tyres. Anyways, they were due to be replaced :-D Entered home as if nothing happened :P

Hope to come back for more! Experience and confidence come only after some challenges. Keep it up guys! Nice pics. Will share later from my side too.

Thanks @Vanessa8580, @Hisham Masaad for your guidance in the drive. Helped a lot!

Edited by Talgat Mendibaev
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Many thanks @Vanessa8580for the drive. Glad to join you again, and having @TT_Dubai @Zixuan Huang @Paolo Pellegrini @Alfred Alinazar @Anoop Nair @Talgat Mendibaev @Luc Khaldoun @Shaaz Sha @Rjducos @Ivan Pironi @Goutam and the hero, who spend day and night in desert @Gaurav Soni. I feel one day @Gaurav Soni for you not to waste time going back home, you will have a tent in the desert, waiting for the drives 😂Just make sure it is close to meeting point. Really enjoyed the drive, despite @Vanessa8580changing the plan to meet matching route level to the group. @Talgat MendibaevI think you need to have more confidence in your self and your car. BTW, I am not sure you have changed both tires cause they are old....!! I think you changed them for both to look the same, hoping the government back home will not notice the deference between the tires 🤣 🤣 Which is really smart to do 👍

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thankyou for all for the drive on Friday. It was real fun thanks to all of you. Thank you @Vanessa8580for the challenging terrain all the guidance . Thank you @Hisham Masaadfor your omnipresence during the drive, it is reassuring to drive following you. Thanks @Shaaz Shafor all the advise help and guiding through all the tough spots. Seeing and listening to @Gaurav Soni is always a pleasure with his words of encouragement and wisdom. But I feel for you when you get back home🤣 Thanks @gautam for all support. It is always a pleasure to meet and drive with @TT_Dubai. I hope next time you will have your manual JK with you. Thanks all of you @Zixuan Huang@Paolo Pellegrini@Alfred Alinazar@Talgat Mendibaev@Luc Khaldoun@Rjducos@Ivan Pironifor a fantastic drive and hope to see you all on the sand soon..

Edited by Anoop Nair
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

As usual, I managed to get refusal several times. It was a good experience so that I could understand my car better.

Special thanks to @Vanessa8580 for the Pajero trick. I didn't know before that manual gear, especially gear-1 was very useful for climbing. 

Nice to catch up again with @TT_Dubai and @Gaurav Soni

And nice to meet you @Zixuan Huang, @Paolo Pellegrini, @Anoop Nair, @Talgat Mendibaev, @Luc Khaldoun, @Shaaz Sha, @Ivan Pironi.

Hope to see you all again on the other drives

Edited by Alfred Alinazar
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Yesterday was my second drive with Carnity and I'm very happy for the amount of learning I got so far. I learned that Pajero is almost the most common offroad car here in Carnity and yesterday @Vanessa8580 gave me the confidence that I can do (almost) anything with my car. In fact I got several refusal but I manage to came out. I feel that I need proper AT Tyres to get that bit of more grip on the steep climbs. I was then impressed by the spirit and the adaptability of the group, everybody was very supportive and keen to share suggestions and tips. I was lucky to be almost in the front, get clean sand and following 2 great excellent drivers like @TT_Dubai and @Zixuan Huang , it was a pleasure spend good 20 minutes with them together with @Anoop Nair and @Alfred Alinazarwhile  @Hisham Masaad @Gaurav Soni @Shaaz Sha where helping a complex situation. I'm also very happy that I convinced my old friend @Ivan Pironi to join me on these trips. He is not a morning person but he is absolutely crazy about motors! Thank you all. When I tought that is there nothing you can do in Dubai because it is too hot here comes this fantastic club! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Hey guys, I am not expert on videos, but just in case you want to see where we were yesterday morning

Check out Pink Rock Drive - 28 Mar 2021 on Relive! https://www.relive.cc/view/v1vjDnXYBY6

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

5 minutes ago, Rjducos said:

Hey guys, I am not expert on videos, but just in case you want to see where we were yesterday morning

Check out Pink Rock Drive - 28 Mar 2021 on Relive! https://www.relive.cc/view/v1vjDnXYBY6

Amazing!

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use