•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 28 May 2021

Frederic

8 minutes ago, Humayun Ghias said:

I am assuming we need to conduct pcr test to do abudhabi drives if coming from dubai? 

Yes it's advisable to get a PCR from any drive-thru center. I usually do this on Wednesday evening and get the results within 12 hours. 

45 minutes ago, nr999in said:

Hi Frederic,

My vehicle is  2019 GX460 which has both front and rear recovery hooks.

My desert drive experience is very limited to two or three trips on plain desert terrain with no dune climbing.

I have some basic off-roading gears like compressor, foldable shovel, tow rope etc, let me know if any additional gear is required. 
Please advice where can I purchase the radio in abudhabi?

Thanks, with regards to the radio, i think the online shop of dragon mall might be an option (not sure about delivery in Abu Dhabi) The Baofeng UV5R or Crony MT777 is a good economic option and should be readily available.

https://edragonmall.com/collections/walkie-talkies/products/baofeng-uv5r-1-5-lcd-5w-136-174mhz-400-480mhz-dual-band-walkie-talkie

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

59 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Good morning @nr999in and welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

I am looking forward to meeting you !

We ask all new drivers to tell us a little about themselves, so we can plan around the needs of the convoy. So please can you let us know: 

1. Which 4x4 are you bringing ?
  2. How much experience do you have off road and in the desert?
  3. Does your 4x4 have front and rear towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

Pleas have a look at our  Absolute Newbie briefing video:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For your first drive with us you would only need a pressure gauge. From a second drive onwards you will need a proper shovel, radio, and offroad flag as well. If you have these items already now you are of course welcome to bring them along.

Ok Noted. Please advise where can I buy the radio in Abudhabi?

6 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Yes it's advisable to get a PCR from any drive-thru center. I usually do this on Wednesday evening and get the results within 12 hours. 

Thanks, with regards to the radio, i think the online shop of dragon mall might be an option (not sure about delivery in Abu Dhabi) The Baofeng UV5R or Crony MT777 is a good economic option and should be readily available.

https://edragonmall.com/collections/walkie-talkies/products/baofeng-uv5r-1-5-lcd-5w-136-174mhz-400-480mhz-dual-band-walkie-talkie

Ok. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nr999in said:

Ok Noted. Please advise where can I buy the radio in Abudhabi?

With regards to the radio, i think the online shop of dragon mall might be an option. The Baofeng UV5R or Crony MT777 is a good economic option and should be readily available.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Jerry Han said:

H Frederic, I am totally new. Zero offroad experience. I just bought my 2017 Pajero 3.5 recently. front and rear tow points seems to be there.

Where can I buy the required pressure guage? I am based in Abu Dhabi.

Hi @Jerry Han welcome to Carnity ! Great to hear, we are all here to learn from each other.

I am not very familiar with shops in Abu Dhabi, but have seen lots of equipment readily available on Amazon. Some examples below. The red deflator tool will allow you to remove the pin inside valve and deflate very quickly and easily.

image.png.a19f7c08fef78a24fdc12e91e7194309.png

image.png.2ea91d7a87ead3c294d57ee28ce0c5ed.png

Pleas also have a look at our  Absolute Newbie briefing video:

• Like (+1) 1

Good morning @Sherry Mathew Jacob  and welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

We ask all new drivers to tell us a little about themselves, so we can plan around the needs of the convoy. So please can you let us know: 

1. Which 4x4 are you bringing ?
  2. How much experience do you have off road and in the desert?
  3. Does your 4x4 have front and rear towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

Pleas have a look at our  Absolute Newbie briefing video:

For your first drive with us you would only need a pressure gauge. From a second drive onwards you will need a proper shovel, radio, and offroad flag as well. If you have these items already now you are of course welcome to bring them along.

• Like (+1) 1

Hello Frederic,

Look forward to seeing you on Friday. Please find the bit about myself below,

1. Which 4x4 are you bringing ? Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2. How much experience do you have off road and in the desert? have been to few drives
  3. Does your 4x4 have front and rear towpoints and are they in perfect condition ? Yes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Sherry Mathew Jacob said:

Hello Frederic,

Look forward to seeing you on Friday. Please find the bit about myself below,

1. Which 4x4 are you bringing ? Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2. How much experience do you have off road and in the desert? have been to few drives
  3. Does your 4x4 have front and rear towpoints and are they in perfect condition ? Yes

Thanks @Sherry Mathew Jacob, is your Jeep a Limited model ? In that case you are fine. Because some other models/trims have very low front bumpers, and if i am not mistaken the some top-level JGC models do not have front tow points.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use