•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening/Night Short Desert Drive - Around Qudra - Dubai - 23 May 2021

Chaitanya D

1 minute ago, N@ved said:

@Chaitanya DNo worries at all Doc, fully understand i was quite late in my request and didnt expect to get a place with a big convoy (but there was always a small hope 😃), hope to catch up with you soon. Incase anyone drops or change of plans i will be happy to join at the last minute also (guess latest by 5 pm, to head out to make it there for start at 6).

Hope you guys have fun and enjoy, stay safe.

Yes, keep a watch. If you see any drop outs you are welcome 👍

• Like (+1) 2

Great drive. Also hoping for many more weekday night drives.  @Hisham Masaad . Following an experienced driver for my first night drive allowed me to learn Alot. @Chaitanya D Thanks for well organized drive with a long convoy at night. Well done!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thank you @Chaitanya D, @Darren Brooke, @Hisham Masaad, @Craig Finlayson, @M.Seidam and @Tbone for the lead and support on this weekday drive.

It was fun , and honestly a bit more faster paced than i expected. As a first night drive, it had pushed my limits in terms of driving pace, terrain judgement at night, and handling my car in soft sand, slip faces etc.  Its all about conquering your fears, anyway!!

A moment of hesitation resulted in a "royal stuck" a word coined by someone in Carnity :-) , and held up the convoy for some time. I think i gave a real test of patience to @Chaitanya D, as he was guiding me with instructions - steering full left and right, blip blip gas, 1200 rpm etc, which i struggled to get the right mix at the right time. I promise to do better , next time 🙏

Thanks for all the shovelling and shoving by @Zed and others, who i could neither meet personally post drive nor know  by name, apologies for not tagging you guys!! I am definitely indebted , and shall make it a point to payback to the community, once and if i get opportunities.

Looking forward and coming back for more!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

30 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Thank you @Chaitanya D, @Darren Brooke, @Hisham Masaad, @Craig Finlayson, @M.Seidam and @Tbone for the lead and support on this weekday drive.

It was fun , and honestly a bit more faster paced than i expected. As a first night drive, it had pushed my limits in terms of driving pace, terrain judgement at night, and handling my car in soft sand, slip faces etc.  Its all about conquering your fears, anyway!!

A moment of hesitation resulted in a "royal stuck" a word coined by someone in Carnity :-) , and held up the convoy for some time. I think i gave a real test of patience to @Chaitanya D, as he was guiding me with instructions - steering full left and right, blip blip gas, 1200 rpm etc, which i struggled to get the right mix at the right time. I promise to do better , next time 🙏

Thanks for all the shovelling and shoving by @Zed and others, who i could neither meet personally post drive nor know  by name, apologies for not tagging you guys!! I am definitely indebted , and shall make it a point to payback to the community, once and if i get opportunities.

Looking forward and coming back for more!!

Dont worry my friend @Sunil Mathew. You did your best , and you will only get better. The whole idea behind the advises, and a bit firmness from my end was to help you to get a feel of manually crawling out (blip blip with steering) rather than pulling you which was the easiest way out. You will master this self recovery technique which will make you more confident,  better and a safe off roader

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use